Options

Donor 11018

I wsa wondering if anyone has used this donor, I am looking to use him, but wanted to see if there were any success stories. Also, if anyone has used ICI and have been successful i would like to know how you did it. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hey Medellin72 - ya - I just discovered another girl amanda that is using him. I just ordered his vials yesterday. He had a baby boy in March (or may) of 2008. where do you live? I live in NH. Amanda lives in MA. It would be great if the kids could all get to know each other. click on the word search at the top of the bulletin board back and go to my "looking for siblings" string - there's a link to another website on there that someone gave me
  • Options
    Karen,
    Isent you an email from my personal email. I have to wait until my next cycle fot us to try. I think we are going with either 11018 0r 11009.

email me.

m
  • Options
    Hey, my partner and I bought one vial of 11031, did one ICI at home, now she is pregnant. No fertility drugs either. She has been tracking her cycles for almost a year and I think we timed it perfectly or it was just luck. I didn't thaw it the way CCB says to thaw it. You may find this funny, but I think it is a better way to thaw vials at home. My family is friends with a large animal vet and when he inseminates cattle he sticks the pipets in his arm pit to thaw. If you think about it the temperature in your arm pit is a pretty constant 98 degrees, the same as your body temperature. He has over a 90% success rate with inseminating cattle. So, I had a clean t-shirt on, took the vial from the tank and placed it under one arm pit, and held my arm down by my side until I could feel the coldness of the vial. When it felt pretty cold, I switched arm pits and finished thawing the vial. I did follow the recommended time frame of 10 min to thaw.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add to what bjustin wrote about thawing...I did not thaw at home, but I did thaw my vials at the doctors office. She had me put the vial in my bra. Same therory as arm pit, use your body heat to thaw. If I remember correctly, I believe it took a little longer than 10 minutes to thaw, though. Then, the doctor held the vial in her hand while I went to the bathroom just before the procedure. She said one time a patient left the vial in her bra and when she leaned over to sit on the toilet, the vial fell into the toilet and the doctor refused to use it. Luckily, the patient had another vial they could use. Just a funny side note :)
  • Options
    11018 was one of our top 3 picks, but we decided to go with a different donor. I had my 1st IUI in October and just this week I had 2nd IUI. I am so worried now, I really hope that I pregnant this time. I just wanted to share. My partner and I haven't told anyone about this. I keep having pregnancy and baby dreams. I can't stop staring at babies. There was 3 pregnant woman in my office and they all had their babies in the last 3 months. I really want to be pregnant. Wish me luck. I will take a pregnancy test next week. It's so hard to wait.
  • Options
    Hi Missdayene - hope you got your wish!! And I hope anyone else reading this gets their wish to be pregnant in 2009! I'm trying my third ICI in January