Options

confused

My girlfriend and I had our first IUI 2 weeks ago. We tested negative for being pregnant on Monday. My period is 5 days late, we have taken 3 test all Negative :( Does anyone know if maybe the IUI itself affected my menstrual cycle. I also had tested negative for ovulating before insemination, I'm starting to wonder if the sticks don't work on me at all.

Comments

• Options
    mommy23,

That certainly is confusing that you are 5 days late but testing negative. Are you usually on schedule with your period? If so, then I would ask your doctor to have you take BETA pregnancy test via a blood draw. That will be accurate. I have done several IUI's and it has never interruped my period but I know every woman is different. I hope things go well for you. Good luck.

Michelle
  • Options
    How do you know you ovulated if the opk was negative? Did you use ultrasound? If not, you may have ovluated late, which would explain both the late period (the length of time from ovulation to your next period remains constant even when ovulation is delayed) and the negative pregancy test.
  • Options
    I didn't know if I was ovulating it was just day 15 from the first day of my last period, I had to use the vial before it expired and so we just went in and basically crossed our fingers. The dr. did say the day of the insemination that it did look like I was ovulating even tho the ovulation kit tested negative.