Options

40 and older

Any you ladies got pointers on getting pregnant at 40?

Comments

• Options
    I'm 40 turning 41 this month. I am going for my first IUI tomorrow. I hear a good diet, vitamins, no alcohol, caffeine, etc. helps.
  • Options
    I'm 40 turning 41 this month. I am going for my first IUI tomorrow. I hear a good diet, vitamins, no alcohol, caffeine, etc. helps.
  • Options
    It hasn't happened for me yet, but I changed my diet in Feb. no carbs, dairy, caffeine, grain, sugar. Last month I started Acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Try yoga or meditating and exercise all these things could help fertility and your overall health. I'm hoping for a good outcome in the next couple of months.

Good luck littlone27 on your IUI.
  • Options
    well that sounds like you are off to a good start. Make sure you check your tubes and that everything is in working condition too. I had endometriosis and fibroid SMH Thank you on your good luck wish now its time for the two week wait.

BTW there is this book called Getting Pregnant by a Niel Laurensen and they have a diet and vitamins to follow. The doctor in book swears by it.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, got inseminate Fri n Sat, praying first time is a charm. I lost 20lbs since Feb n following MD orders, trying to stay positive and de-stress my life. Jaailu, how many times have you tried? My doc says for 40 older takes at least 4 times, hope she is wrong.
  • Options
    Hi 4usbaby, I've been through 11 IUIs/1 IVF, but everyone is different. I'm hoping the best for you.

From my past experience I wish I would of tried IVF sooner right when I turned 40.
  • Options
    Thx, best of luck to u as well. We decided we will give it 4 times n then reconsider other options even adoption.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone
  • Options
    U toooo