Options

Symptoms or Side Effects?

I'm trying not to read too much into all this, but I figured this would be the good place to ask.

I had my IUI done on 3/9/10 and my cd28 is next Tuesday. I'm getting rather antsy, especially since I've been manifesting some symptoms lately. But then today I stumbled across some information that said Ovidrel (which I had on 3/8/10) and Clomid (which I took on cd5-10) COULD cause pregnancy symptoms AND false positives on HPTs!!!

Is this true?!

If so, how the Hell can we know for sure what is going on?!

Some of my symptoms include: (SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR THE TMI!!!)
twinges of pain in my lower abdomen/uterus area 5 & 6 dpo
feeling of fullness in lower abdomen for a week now
skin breaking out (started today)
sensitive nipples (started yesterday)
increase in discharge (started this week)
restlessness & vivid dreams all week

So...can these all be explained by the meds?

And, if the Ovidrel puts the pregnancy hormone in your system, when is it safe to take a HPT without running the risk that the shot will skew the results?

Comments

• Options
    Wow...double that for the sensitive nipples! I just took a shower and I could barely dry my chest with the towel because they hurt so bad!!! But not my entire boob, just that part...
  • Options
    I'm no expert, but I had all of those symptoms and got a bfp, but it was an all natural iui.

I have read that those meds do give false positves on hpt's and that you shouldn't test until 14dpiui, but I wouldn't think that they would give you all of those symptoms!

I'm rooting for you!
  • Options
    Thanks MistyandCarla. Fingers are crossed here!!! I read online that it takes 10-14 days for the Ovidrel to leave your system completely, so I am going to test on Monday 3/22 (14 days after my shot), and then if I am not able to figure it out and AF doesn't show up on Tuesday as expected, I still have another test I can use Wednesday.

AF STAY AWAY...FOR THE NEXT 36 WEEKS PLEASE!!!

In addition to the 7 years of heartbreak I have already endured for this, I've also had a very bad cold this past week AND I injured my knee on Thursday, all of which I can take NO MEDICATION FOR! So if I have suffered all that in vain and this was all for nothing, I am NOT going to be in a happy place next week!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!
  • Options
    hey ,this may help
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lansinoh-Lanolin-Breast-Cream/3922518

it is the best thing since slied bread for sore and sensitive nipples
  • Options
    i use it all the time when af comes i love it. :-)
  • Options
    Thanks!

Starting today, you can add exhaustion, fatigue, chills, stomachache, and mild nausea to the list. I feel like CRAP!!!