Options

3rd time's a charm

After a long 13 months and 3 IUI's I'm PREGNANT! I am still trying to be a little cautious as I've had 2 miscarriages in the past. I had my first Beta on Monday and my HcG was 290 which I'm told was EXCELLENT! I went back today for my second Beta to see if it doubled and it was 609. I'm so excited. I go in for my first u/s on May 2 at 5 1/2 weeks to check the location. I will go back at 6 1/2 - 7 weeks to look for the heartbeat. I am hoping this is finally the one and it's looking good so far!

Comments

• Options
    Becky1141 - that's awesome! Super excited for you! Which donor did you use? I had my 1st IUI last year with 12185 with no success. I've moved back to Florida from California and I'm with my family again. I feel like I'm in the right place to try again. Trying to decide if I should use the same donor or look for another....
  • Options
    Hi Dragonflinurse. I am very excited. I can't wait for my first u/s on Thursday. I actually got pregnant from a donor from Fairfax Cryobank. I had used a donor from Fairfax for my first try and was successful but ended in miscarriage. My doctor's office wasn't real happy with Fairfax's specimen so they recommended California. The specimen was great, I just had a really bad cycle and my follicle never got bigger than 15. They wanted to try because my estradiol levels were high enough and they said there was a chance. After that cycle my donor had sold out and my re's office and I decided to try my original donor from Fairfax which has worked so far!

If you really like your original donor and only tried once there should be no reason to change donors. Unless you found someone you like better. That's really exciting that you are getting ready to try again. When are you aiming for??? I wish you the best of luck!!!