Options

Donor 05679

Are there any reported births from this donor?

Also, I am 27 and healthy (no medical issues) and have noticed that a lot of people require more than one go at IUI to get pregnant - do I have a higher chance being younger than others I have read about (who were approaching 40)?

Comments

• Options
    Hi History -

If you look on any donor's page, it shows whether or not he has reported pregnancies. 5679 does have reported pregnancies.

On average, it takes about 4 medicated IUI cycles per successful pregnancy. While it generally gets more difficult to get pregnant as you get older (particulalry over 35), every woman is different. The best thing to do is touch base with your OB before you get started to discuss any potential issues that may hamper you getting pregnant. For example, timing is everything so your doctor may want you to go on birth control to regulate your cycles before moving forward. Then again, everything could be perfect and you could get pregnant right away. There really is no way to know for sure.

For the record, two healthy individuals in their mid-20s trying to naturally conceive on the right day of the woman's cycle still only have about a 20% chance of success. Sometimes, getting pregnant just takes time no matter how you are going about it.

I don't want to freak you out. I always just want all our clients to be as informed as possible. The best way to navigate the road to success is to know all the possible bumps along the way.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks for the extra info Scott - Are there any reported births though?
  • Options
    Hi History -

If you look on any donor's page, it shows whether or not he has reported pregnancies. 5679 does have reported pregnancies.