Options

Pregnant w/ Donor 13952, 1st IUI Ever & Unmedicated & 1st To Report Pregnancy

One Of Our Happiest Sundays Ever ? !! Got Our BFP This Morning (October 5th, 2014 - 10/11dpiui)

My Wife and I started this journey back in June 2014. We’ve been together/married for many years and decided it was just time to have a baby. I’m carrying our baby .. Back in June 2014 .. I/We started looking for a Fertility Clinic in Brooklyn (Where we live) and found a great one with excellent Doctors and Staff. We both got blood work and they came out normal. After that I proceeded to get all of the other stuff myself since I’m the one carrying. I got the HSG Test to see if my Fallopian Tubes weren’t blocked and everything was great, I got more blood work and everything was great, I got periodical ultrasound to check Follicles (months of July & August/2014) and everything was great. We pretty much got the green light beginning of August, 2014 to go ahead and purchase Vials. Our Doctor assured us I had no problems at all and we’d be going all Natural.

So we proceeded to buy IUI Vials at CCB. We found a Donor, which we felt very connected with .. we knew.. he was “The One” (Donor 13952). He came on Mid-August, 2014 and was gone just like that. Very popular .. We only purchased 2 Vials (decided to take that chance). We had the Vials shipped to our Doctor’s office beginning of September, 2014 and all there was left to do now was wait until Ovulation !! Which I had purchased Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Tests and tested June, July and August/2014 .. just to make sure I was ovulating around the same time each month.. and I was.

Mid - September , 2014 arrived really fast ? .. I got my AF and shortly after started monitoring with Clear Blue Ovulation Kit .. Once I got my surge (which happened on September 23, 2014) I called my nurses and they asked us to go in for our 1st IUI on September 24, 2014 and 2nd IUI September 25, 2014). We did !! Our Donor’s counts were excellent and the painless procedure went super smooth !! I went home to rest after both days .. just laid on the couch and relaxed .. caught up on shows lol ..

These almost 2WW was crazy lol .. I had so many emotions .. did it work? did it not work? .. I simply took it easy and ate very health (as I had already started to do all month .. including taking pre-natal vitamins)

On October 2nd, 2014 after I urinated I noticed that I was bleeding… Not so much .. but, DEF enough to go on/off for about 2 hrs.. it was bright red.. I immediately felt blah .. called my nurses and they told me it could be implantation bleeding (8/9dpiui) .. they said to just relax and call back if it didn’t stop .. well, it stopped (even though it was bright red and felt like an early AF w/ cramps) .. the next day (October 3rd, 2014) I was spotting again .. this time it was brown .. I didn’t get alarmed this time .. because .. I just decided “what will be .. will be” .. It was still on the back of my mind of course lol but, I let it go .. and before the day was over .. again it was gone .. and no more spotting ever came back.

My Wife and I were planning to take a HPT October 8th, 2014 .. But, last night (October 4th, 2014) we were out and decided to stop and pick three up lol .. and agreed to just give it a shot and try it out TODAY lol (October 5th, 2014) ..

Well … in the matter of minutes (but, seemed “seconds”) .. there it was “ PREGNANT” !! It also said 1 – 2 weeks (since that’s the Clear Blue Test we chose) .. We couldn’t believe our eyes .. and just smiled and laughed for a while .. staring at the test lol .. We called our immediate family with the news and they were very happy for us .. Then we called our nurses and we’re going in tomorrow morning (11/12 dpiui – October 6th, 2014) for BETA !!

Throughout these past (almost) 2 weeks .. I felt lots of different emotions .. not necessarily many symptoms that would’ve gave me any signs. I did have mild back pain, many many cramps since IUI was done actually, felt bloated, boobs got full (but, not sore) and I just slept a ton .. which is unusual for me ?

We’re so excited and are hoping our Pregnancy continues to be a happy and healthy one !! I also know the feeling of waiting and almost losing your mind over reading and analyzing everything on the Internet and/or what you feel. I would say for anyone trying .. just eat Healthy, take pre-natal vitamins, rest and if it doesn’t happen right away .. “Don’t Give Up .. Don’t Ever Give Up” .. We got very lucky .. and I guess now we’re not the ones reading, but the ones writing “ It CAN happen the first time” .. Stay Positive & Baby Dust To You All .. We’ll update in a few days once test results are confirmed.

BKmoms ?

Comments

• Options
    The ?s are typos lol .. Those were supposed to be smiley faces :)
  • Options
    This has made my day!!!!!! Congrats to you and your wife!!!
  • Options
    Hey KiKi18,

Thank you :) We can't believe it !! I just got blood work done this am. Now waiting for the nurses to call back at some point during today to confirm. Now it's your turn .. just stay busy until then .. and his numbers are good .. so hopefully that helps to assure you a little more.
    Keep us posted about November and I'll keep you posted on updates too :)

Have a great day,

BKmoms
  • Options
    I definetly will keep you posted! I'll try to keep checking back on this thread for updates! I start some meds tmrw to prepare for my transfer so hopefully it goes by quickly!
    Cheers to you for a happy and healthy 9 months!!! Still bouncing with excitement for you guys!
    Have a good day and thank you for sharing such happy news!! :) :) :)
    Kiki18
  • Options
    Hey KiKi18,

How's it going? :)

Things look fantastic on our end .. My Wife and I are very happy and so excited ..

Had 3 blood work done this week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) .. Nurses say that all is looking amazing and we'll be seeing the Doctor for our first Ultrasound (to check how many embryos, size, due date etc.) .. we can't believe it .. lol

My numbers were the following:

Mon - HCG 99 Progesterone 16
    Wed - HCG 255 Progesterone 16
    Fri - HCG 566 Progesterone 16

We'll be seeing our Doc 1st week in November since he's out of town .. so in the mean time .. I'll prob go in once next week and once the week after for more blood work .. just to make sure numbers are continuing to go up.

How r things going with you? Hope all is going well with the meds :)

BKmoms
  • Options
    Woohoo!! Your numbers are going up up up!!! This is so exciting! How are you feeling? Any other symptoms start up since your positive?
    I started my Lupron shot last week (bla!!) and back in on friday for blood and ultra sound to get the ok to start the next step! Our transfer is officially scheduled for November 9th (only transfering ONE)!! :) :)
    Hope you are feeling great!!
    KiKi18
  • Options
    Hey KiKi18,

Yes it's exciting !! :) I'm feeling good .. just really tired after work (I'm a teacher) and sore boobs lol .. No other major symptoms have started up yet. I'm currently 5 Weeks now .. I just got more blood work done last week (Thursday) and again HCG Levels are up it went from 566 (last blood work) to 3,641 .. Yieep lol

So the nurses pretty much feel that everything is going great and healthy .. since I didn't need fertility meds and everything was all natural .. we don't need blood work anymore. They said to just wait to see our Doctor .. on November 3rd. That day we'll see how many, size, due date, heart beat etc. :)

How are you feeling? November 9th is right around the corner Yay :) I'm excited to hear good news from you. Hope you're resting in the mean time and eating well. Seems that's all we have control over lol

Keep us updated and we'll do the same,

BKmoms
  • Options
    Hey BKMoms!!!
    Been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to check back! Hope you are still feeling good! Your numbers are amazing! Tomorrow is your appointment!!! Wooo I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!! :)
    We are in the final week before transfer, FINALLY!!! They gave my lining an A+ and I hope it stays that way to bring our embryo "home"! ;)
    Best of luck tomorrow!!!! Such a special time!
    Kiki
  • Options
    Hi again BKMoms!!!
    I'm getting prepped for my transfer and trying to do all my lasyt minute errands! Did you eat anything special after your IUI? I keep reading all these implantation remedies but not sure I want to stress myself out following that...any tips? Meals? Ahhh I'm getting so nervous!
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    Hey Kiki18,

So happy for you !! Keeping my fingers crossed .. everything will be ok. I didn't really eat anything crazy .. I just rested a lot and I really was just eating healthy all month and taking pre-natal vitamins. I really wouldn't take anything .. let it be you know.. I felt crazy too cause I wanted it to work ..but, in the end I just went home both days and rested. Kept positive thoughts and hoped for the best.

My wife and I went to the doctor Monday (Nov. 3rd) and we actually Heard the HEART beat .. omg .. it was so overwhelmingly happy .. I'm 2 months Pregnant today actually and all is going well. We got a picture of the Ultrasound and you can see the Head, Heart and Sac .. really wild lol .. We're going back to the Doctor in 10 days just to continue being monitored... but, acording to him .. all is healthy and going well.

Keep us posted and I wish you all the luck in the world !! Hope our future baby will have a half sibbling in the making :)

Sending positive thoughts,

BKmoms
  • Options
    Wow...just wow!!! I can't wait to experience all that in the next couple months! So glad to hear that everything is going perfectly!! How amazing!!! Hope you are still feeling good?!
    Thank you for the positive vibes....getting so nervous! I've read too much on all these foods like pineapple and Brazil nuts...nerve wracking!!! I've been trying to eat clean and been on prenatals for quite sometime so all I can do is not stress and relax!!! I'm such an anxious wreck lol!
    My beta is the week before Thanksgiving so I pray I have real good news to be thankful for! I'm sure we will test before so we can finally see those two lines!
    Thank you again!!! And so much happiness for you and your new family!! :)
  • Options
    Kiki18,

Sounds like you're doing all you can to make sure you get positive results :) .. I think ultimately it's all you can do!! Keeping fingers crossed for you that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with great news. I'm feeling good .. just usual tired, sore boobs, morning sickness on/off .. you'll see lol
    We have doctors again Thursday (Nov. 13th) .. will keep you posted. Can't believe our kids could be half sibblings .. wow .. pretty wild.

tty soon,

BKmoms
  • Options
    Congrats BKmoms!!! And good luck Kiki! My husband and I just purchased donor 13952 and are doing our first IUI at the end of this month. It's been a long journey to get to this point. Over the past year, we've had 3 failed IVF attempts and one miscarriage. We decided we needed to turn to donor sperm and are trying a natural iui to start since I ovulate on my own each month. I was so happy to hear that it worked for you BKmoms on your first try!! When is your due date?
  • Options
    Thank you!!! The transfer was one of the most magical experiences I've had! My fiancé was all scrubbed up and he was able to get a picture of our embryo(babies first picture :)), it was fully hatched!!!! I've been really laying low and trying to let everything happen without obsessing too much (yea right).
    Welcome frenchiemom! Very sorry to hear about your failed cycles and miscarriage, how heartbreaking. :( Best of luck and keep us posted with you IUI !! Love knowing we could all have half siblings!!
    Good luck with tmrws appt BKMOMS!! Is this another ultrasound? Hope the morning sickness doesn't get too bad!
    Kiki
  • Options
    Hey Kiki18 and Welcome frenchiemom123,

Thank you for the well wishes. Kiki18 and I have been communicating through this whole process .. it's wild to think that our future kids could be half sibblings and there could be even more children of donor 13952 in the future. I've seen so many documentaries .. stories .. when donor children get older and try to look for their half sibblings.. simply out of curiosity or just because.. and this could be the case for all of us one day !! We're from Brooklyn, NY .. Kiki18 is from Chicago.. how about you Frenchiemom123?

WOW Kiki18... I'm sooo happy for you and your Fiance !! That is great great great news .. Just keep taking it easy and eating well. Soon enough .. time will pass and when you least expect .. you'll have rechead ..safe "baby mark" months #fingers #crossed :)

We went to our last appointment today at the Fertility Clinic !! They congratulated us .. and once again .. we saw the Fetus .. and heard the loud heart beat !! Our Fetus lol is doing great .. I'm 9 Weeks today !! From now on .. we'll be seeing by the Doctor that will deliver our baby in a different town :) (which is a good things) .. once or twice a month about !!

Positive wishes and thoughts .. for all of us .. good luck with IUI Frenchiemom123 and keep both of us posted !! I know you've had a rough ride .. but, "Don't Give Up .. Don't Ever Give Up" :)

BKmoms
  • Options
    BKMoms
    What a great story & many congratulations to you!
    I was wondering if you could give me the name of the clinic you used in Brooklyn? I also live in BK and would prefer something close. I've just started this whole process and my clinic is in Columbus Circle which is a haul; especially as it gets colder.
    Thank you in advance & all the best
    brooklyn12
  • Options
    @brooklyn12 - happened to see this message while I was browsing around. I live in Brooklyn too and go to the Kofinas clinic on 7th ave. I had no idea when I started this process how many times I would end up going in, and it's been crucial not to have to go into the city for every little test and u/s (especially on days where I've had to go in twice - who knew?) Can't speak to my personal success there yet since I haven't had an actual procedure, but my experience with them has been solid so far.
  • Options
    Hi Brooklyn12 and Am.BK,

My Wife & I used Genesis Fertility in Bensonhurt. (Dr. Richard Grazi) .. They're absolutely AMAZING !! I got Pregnant on the 1st Try .. completely Natural IUI .. NO Meds at all.. I'm currently carrying our child and I'm 2 1/2 months Pregnant. I/We started this process in June 2014 and did our firt and only IUI September 2014. Super smooth process with this clinic and the entire staff.

They're absolutely awesome at this clinic. It's beautiful and they have state of the art everything !! I highly recommend them !! They have a website.. Look it up Genesis Fertility on Bay Parkway in Brooklyn.

Good Luck to both of you !!

Keep us posted .. Are you both using Donor 13952?

BKmoms
  • Options
    I'm so over the moon to announce that we are officially pregnant, for the first time in my life I can say that!!! First round of IVF as a frozen transfer! BKMOMS we are having half SIBLINGS!!!!!! Tears of joy for our miracles!!!
    I go back on Monday for more blood work but they are pretty confident in my first number at 366. We tested on 7dpt and had a faint positive, 9dpt we had a perfect positive and at 12dpt it's official!!!
    Kiki
  • Options
    I am just going to crash the conversation and day congratulations! That is do exciting! My husband and I have a 5 year old daughter and 3.5 year on twin boys from a previous donor. He is long since retired and we want one more child. We are planning to use this donor in January as he looks similar and has a similar profile to our previous donor. We are so excited to hear about others successes
  • Options
    Wow...Please disregard my many auto correct typos. I was writing that on my phone. Eek.
  • Options
    Kiki18,

OMG OMG OMG!! We're beyond happy for you guys.. Congratulations! :)

Wow .. This is such amazing news.. Yes, We are having half siblings lol .. what an experience huh?! I def. had such a positive feeling all along this was going to happen. You can now relax and have the most amazing Thanksgiving Weekend ever !! So exciting to have our little turkeys cooking in the oven lol ..

My Wife and I went to the Doctor yesterday for another Prenatal visit .. (Get ready for all that lol) .. and All is going great .. I'm 2 1/2 Months .. (will be 11 Weeks tomorrow) .. The baby has a strong heart beat and 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet hahaha yiep .. seems like they grow so fast !!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !! REST .. relax and nap !! lol

We'll keep in touch :)

BKmoms
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!!! I'm so glad we are connected and can share this special journey! When I called CCB to report our pregnancy(second beta was 1576!) they said they can't tell me the exact number but they go be fives and his report is under five, so it may just be us for now! Hoping all you others can join us soon!!! (He's sold out again!)
    So far I feel pretty "normal" which I get concerned about but should probably be greatful! I'm 5w4d and our first ultrasound is on Monday!! Cannot wait, I know we won't see much but it will be a relief to see everything is going as it should! We haven't shared with any family yet cause we are so nervous!
    So happy that everything is going great with your pregnancy! Yayyy sounds so healthy and perfect!!! Will you be finding out the sex before birth? You are getting close to that point!! Has your bump started to show?
    Two children from two very big cities! How exciting!
    Thank you so much for sharing in the excitement!! I hope to be able to relax enjoy soon!!
    Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and ate real good!! :)
    KiKi18
  • Options
    P.s. We are on page two which is why you probably aren't seeing your post!! :)
  • Options
    BKMoms!!!
    You must be going crazy, I don't understand why it takes us right back to page 1 when we post!! This forum needs some updating!! Hopefully you find my messages back! thank you so much again!! :)
    We had our first ultrasound yesterday and again tears of joy! All looks good! My levels are all where they should be! Next week we should be able to see the heartbeat! They will monitor me for three more weeks (weekly ultrasounds yay!), then I will be released to a regular OB. I feel so normal except for slight headaches and waves of exhaustion, fingers crossed the sickness doesn't creep up on me, they say 6/7 weeks, so any day now lol.
    Hope to hear from you soon!!!!
    Kiki
  • Options
    Yay!!!! Tonight I did a HPT and came back positive. Am 13 days post iui from donor 13952 :) Hoping for a healthy pregnancy, but another half sibling will be on the way

Rachel
  • Options
    Congratulations Rachel!!!! Such amazing news!!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!! I am just at 7 weeks today!
    We now have three official half siblings!! Keep us posted on your progress!!
    Congrats again!! :)
  • Options
    Kiki18,

Hiiiii OMG !! it's been so SO long since my last post. I finally got all the internet stuff sorted out.. and I'm back !! lol

How's everything going? and wow .. I see that someone else got Pregnant with our same donor too. How exciting.. Congratulations Rachel .. Where are you from? And I see that jjr3 is also planning to use this donor as well in January. Perhaps lots of half siblings in the future.

I'm currently 14 Weeks Pregnant...I'll be 15 Weeks this Thursday (12/25) Christmas Day :) All is going very very well.

Hope all is going well on your end and that all the horrible 1st trimester symptoms are not being too rough on you. Let me know :)

Keep in touch .. and Happy Holidays !!

BKmoms
  • Options
    Welcome back BKMoms!!! I'm feeling pretty good for being the first trimester! Exhausted is the main symptom I've been battling!! So I'll consider myself lucky! :) we are 9weeks and 4 days today! Seems to be going so fast!
    Do you know what you are having yet? I'm soooo antsy to find out! We are still with the RE, and they've done weekly scans since 6 weeks so it's been amazing to watch out little miracle grow! Last weeks heartbeat was at 181! :)
    Last scan is Monday (10 weeks) and then we should be good to be on our way to a regular OB! Kind of sad since I've been seeing them every week now!
    Are you going to register with the sibling registry?

Hope you had a great Christmas and are feeling good in your second trimester!!!
    Kiki
  • Options
    Hi Kiki18,

Thank you lol .. I'm 15 weeks .. Will be 16 Weeks January 1st, 2015!! 4 Months .. Wow .. It sure goes by fast :)

It's def awesome that your main symptom is exhaustion .. All that will go away pretty soon. Congrats on moving on to a regular OB... It's a great feeling to just be safe enough to do so... Yay :) You can always visit or call your RE if you have questions or just to keep in touch lol

My Wife & I are thinking about having a gender reveal at our baby shower (prob in April) ... I'll be around 7 months then .. All of our family & friends will be there .. So it will be pretty cool lol .. Hopefully we can wait that long :) we'll most likely register with the sibling registry .. It's one way of our child being able to make its own decision one day to meet other half siblings (if that's ever the case) or just to even know how many children of the same donor exists out there.. Are you registering?

We're currently enjoying our Holiday break very much :) .. Resting, Rejuvenating & Relaxing are the things I'm doing the most at this time .. !! :)

Have a happy & healthy New Year !! :)

BKmoms