Options

Follicle size & IUI timing

Had my first IUI (natural) yesterday. Based on 8 months or so of BBT and OPK charting, I believe I typically ovulate early--day 12 or 13. Yesterday was day 12. On day 11, I got a positive opk around 11:30 a.m. Still positive day 12. Went in day 12 and the ultrasound showed a 17 mm follicle at around 1:30 (26 hours after first positive opk. The NP advised maybe waiting another day but left it up to me. She ultimately said it was fine to go ahead since the sperm can live a few days in the uterus. My temp rose half a degree this morning (day 13) and the opk was negative this morning.
Was my timing right? The temps/opks seem to say so but I'm unnerved by the follicle only being 17 mm. What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    Any update ? What did you decide to do ? I think you could have waited another day. Usually people inseminate too early so waiting a little later is better.
  • Options
    Not pregnant :(
    I just don't know what to think about my timing and the data I have available to me.
  • Options
    BeaBea -
    First off congrats on taking the plunge and doing your first IUI. I had my first a month ago and I know the entire thing can be a bit nerve-racking. So sorry that the first one did not take. But just remember everything may have been spot on and it still may take several attempts before it works. Several attempts of perfect timing :) So you may have had everything right. I have heard of people getting pregnant with a smaller follicle size.
    I hope you stay at it since this is probably something you have been thinking about and wanting for sometime.
    I will attempt my second IUI probably in a few weeks. :)
    Baby dust to use all :)
  • Options
    Thank you, Firefly, for your encouraging words. It means a lot to me. I think I might do a trigger shot this time around. I'm still pretty frustrated with the clinic I'm using but they're the only game in town, so it's not like I have many options.

I do want it badly. That seems like it should count for something, right?

I know someday I will have a baby, right? I'm 34. I have some time but I am not the most patient person :)

Good luck to you!