Options

Someone laid an egg at my doorstep

Does anyone know anything about any kind of myth or superstition about laying an egg at someone's door step.

It was weird to walk out on my front porch first thing in the morning and find a Large Grade AA egg sitting on my porch in tact.

Had to be set down gently because otherwise it would have cracked.

Not many people know we did IUI so I can't figure out if it has anything to do with that or it was just some kind of prank.

Nobody I know would do that...

Any suggestions or comments would be great.

-Wendy

Comments

• Options
    Wow...that is weird. I've never heard of such a thing, but this would drive me crazy until I found out. I'm taking it as a good sign...like YOUR egg has fertilized!

KUP on this one!
  • Options
    Very weird! I want to just chalk it up to neighborhood kids putting it there hoping someone would step on it but then maybe I'll never know. I'm chosing to make it a positive thing. Hey, eggs are a sign of fertility. Life starts with the egg...can't have a baby without one.
    : )
    Thanks MandC...
    How's Reece? Any new photos posted on FB?
  • Options
    Reece is doing well...had a scare yesterday afternoon though. I just started cramping up really high so I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in right away. Reece is fine, but they did find some blood in my urine. So, I'm doing the lovely 24 hour urine thing right now. :) They also drew lab work (9 tubes) and I go back on Thursday for my regular appointment. They will have all the results back then. She also suggested that I stay off work until then and get some rest. I'm taking today off (Tuesday) but will probably return to work on Wednesday. We'll see how I feel.

I'll have new pictures on Thursday and will post them to FB on Friday.
  • Options
    I think it's just Misty Richmond. Let me know if that don't work.
  • Options
    Misty,
    I'm sending positive vibes of warmth and health to you and Reece.
    Do they have any idea what the blood in the urine could be?
    I'm actually in the medical field as a Licensed Respiratory Therapist and have done rounds in Delivery. Not sure what the blood is unless the kidneys are involved somehow. I sure hope all is fine.
    What were you doing awake at 4:30am, woman?

You better get rest today with 9 tubes of blood sucked out of you.
    Keep your feet up and take plenty of slow deep breaths.

How's that doppler working out for you?

Wendy
  • Options
    Thanks for the vibes...we need them. :)

They aren't sure about the blood and are hoping the 24 hour urine and lab work will tell them more. I've had lots of kidney issues in the past and I'm too familiar with that pain. I don't really think it's anything with the kidneys, but we'll see.

I know, I know...I couldn't sleep. After I got up to pee I was awake. Isn't that how it works...you have the day off and have the opportunity to sleep in, but can't. On the days we have to work, I don't want to get out of bed! It's crazy!

Carla's sister is a Respiratory Therapist too...I don't know how you girls do it. The thought of it makes me gag...the mucus and all. :) Although, I'm thankful for those of you who can handle it.
  • Options
    Let me know what they find. If you don't mind sharing.
    I did the suctioning, life support, home visits, hospital stuff and am now loving setting people up on cpap units for sleep apnea. I work for a Health Partners group and one of their locations is a 12 bed sleep clinic with 5 doctors and 5 RT's. I walk about 4 miles a day just seeing patients. It's absolutely insane as to how many people have sleep apnea. I'd love to get the word out that all women in a TWW or before conception have a sleep study. The reason: If they aren't breathing in their sleep...no oxygen gets to the baby for the amount of time they don't breathe. That might be a significant diagnostic test to avoid miscarriages.

I can't take the nasty stuff involved in hospital RT stuff any more. Makes me gag too!!!!!
    Best to you!
  • Options
    W: As for that 04:30 in the morning stuff... honey, I'm already at work and WAITING for my first airplane of the day! :)
  • Options
    Wendy...Well, my doctor called back this morning and said that my urine and blood work all came back normal. So, they don't really know where the blood is from. She just said to take it easy until I see her on Thursday. My BP is still up...I just checked it and it's 141/93. So, I'm not sure what's going on. Reece is kicking away as I type, so I know she's okay...that's the important thing.

Your job sounds interesting and that's a lot of walking, girl! I see what you mean about the apnea. It makes perfect sense.

Tigger...you seem to have a crazy work schedule...I don't see how you do it! I bet you don't much sleep.
  • Options
    Misty...Thanks for the update! Hang in there and elevate your legs when you can.
  • Options
    Thanks...I'll update this evening after my OB appointment. :)
  • Options
    W: Still haven't been able to find out anything about this egg business... I'm going to take it as a good sign... pretty much every living thing starts out as a EGG, doesn't it?

MaC: Glad to hear everything is okay. Yeah, my work schedule is crazy... by my own design... my normal work schedule is 04:30 to 13:00 (1 p.m.) but I tend to work to 21:15... that's 9:15 p.m... get home by 22:00 and get up at 02:30 and do it all again.... which explains why I can afford to take time off like I do... money's already in the bank!!

Plus it keeps my mind off what I DON'T have YET but will soon!! :) I used to have pity parties about it... too busy now working and working on it!!