Options

So sad

I know I shouldn't be complaining because there are a lot of women struggling with infertility. I just did my second IUI and it was unsuccessful but what makes me so sad is that I don't have any more money to continue. I just want to get some feedback as to the owmen who have gotten pregnant using IUI and how many tries did it take.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Beatrizbrittney just wanted to say I'm sorry. You never have to apologize for being sad. I haven't even been cleared to try yet but I'm sad I just turned 42 this week. And I'm sad that I spent almost 6 years with the wrong man only to have him tell me he's not in love with me. Grief comes in all forms and I just wanted you to know someone cares.
  • Options
    You're not alone! I've been trying to have a baby for 7 years, and it seems that we are cursed because everyone I know gets pregnant so easily...3 of my college friends just had babies last month, and my cousin just had one last week. They are everywhere! What really gets me is my ex-husband and his girlfriend keep having abortions left and right...they've had about 4 of them in the past 3 years...and they call me and tell me every time. I think they're just rubbing it in that I want a baby so badly and they're throwing one away. :(

I don't have much more money to continue either, so I am hoping this one takes. I was really hopeful until I found out that all my "symptoms" I have been having MIGHT be "side effects" of the hormones I was on...but we'll know for sure next week, and I am trying to stay hopeful!

Hang in there...chin up!!!
  • Options
    I hear you Omesarra. I tell you every story I hear is worst then the first one. How could they do that to you. I hate it when people use abortion as form of birth control, when there are so many other things they can do to prevent pregnancy. I wouldn't even let them tell me anything. I would ignore them, because all of that negative energy is being transferred to you. Speaking of negative energy. My friend did accupuncture before IVF and she got pregnant and also felt really good and relaxed. I think I may try that next. Well I was married before and I had 2 miscarriages. Now I am remarried and my husband had cancer when he was in his 20's so he is unable to get me pregnant. So far I've done to IUI with donor sperm, but unsuccessful. I really want to continue but it's just so much heartbreak to keep going through. Not to mention very expensive. Oh by the way I did find out that the Ovidrel injection is the one taht causes the fake pregnancy symptoms, nausea, tender breasts, and for me it caused me to almost faint. When I almost fainted I thought for sure I was pregnant which was just last weekend but this past Tuesday the blood test said NO. Where are you in your journey? Best of luck always and it was great talking with you...
  • Options
    Hi, my story is 7 IUIs. I finally got my BFP on the 7th try ( Follistim Injections) and was super excited that my dream on motherhood was finally coming true. I lost my son right at the 4th month (2-2-10). I spent 9,000 to get pregnant and now the baby reserve money is depleted. My heart tells me to use the money I'm supposed to spend on repairs to continue. I want the baby and at the same time I need to keep my house up.I've been letting a few things go. I am single and doing this alone. I also have PCOS. I have one vial left and am hoping that it all works out. I'm still grieving the loss of this baby and I'm scared of how I may feel if the next IUI doesn't work (it always felt like someone died when I got BFN).
  • Options
    repairs to my home...sorry.
  • Options
    smaciegracie, if you don't mind the suggestion, you need to complete the grieving process and make sure your home life is stable prior to attempting again. This process, for myself, has been very long and frustrating but positive outcomes are out there. Stay strong and take your time - best of luck to you.
  • Options
    beatrizbrittney01, everyone unfortunately is different. I will be going on my fourth attempt and the Dr. is recommending medications...attempt not to get discouraged and make room in your budget to include additional IUI rounds.
  • Options
    Beatrizbrittney01,

I know that it is hard to be strong when you feel like nothing will work. My husband and I tried 3 IUI treatments, and then IVF for the doctor to be convinced that donor sperm was our best option. I just had my first IUI with donor sperm on Tuesday. My best suggestion is to set a simple non-baby making goal. This could be a simple chore around your home that you haven't made time for, or a goal to read a book. This will help you to feel accomplished, and will give you something to do when you are over-thinking about the "what ifs" like we all do. Also this will possibly allow you time to save up some more funds to try again. I hope this helps!

Renee
  • Options
    TL1417, I don't think the grief ever goes away... My sister lost her son at 29 weeks three and a half years ago and it still hurts her. Getting another baby won't replace the one I lost...there will always be a hole in my heart for him. I'm not sure if you've ever lost a baby before, but after a loss it's like the difference between needing a fresh breath of air and needing a lung transplant. My home isn't falling apart, I need to replace gutters,get a few windows,front door...nothing too major but it does take money.

beatrizbrittany, hang in there...where there is a will there is a way. The money will come from somewhere if you believe it. Lately I've been really praying and tryng to keep myself encouraged. I believe in the power of the tongue, I spoke aloud the other to God and said that I needed some kind of blessing,discount,or something. Well, one hour later I found that I would get a a big break on the cost of my medication. I just keep telling myself that He will make a way...I speak it. If it takes you saving money by cutting costs from dining out,girls night out,etc then that's a way you can save. I opened a special account just for this...hope this helps.
  • Options
    Hey guys thank you so much for all your advice. You don't know how incredible it feels to have support. It's funny we don't even know each other but all share a special connection. smaciegracie, so sorry to hear that story about your sis. It's bad enough not being able to conceive but losing a baby at 29 weeks is so much worse. You love that baby so much from the moment you find out you're pregnant and imagine how much love she had for the baby at 29 weeks. I tell you all the stories on these boards are sad but there is hope in the ones that are pregnant now after using donor sperm. My doctor wants to try IUI3 au-natural, as he believes that the clomid was thinning my lining too much. I guess that my lining has been the problem all the while. You see I had 2 miscarriages with my first husband. Now I am married again with an amazing man but unfortunately he is the one that is sterile. He had Cancer when he was in his early 20's, never bothered to freeze his sperm as he was fighting to live. So now I am on IUI #3 and I the doctor believes that my problem now is the lining. Also with two marriages and all I am now 36 and I can almost hear my clock ticking. Well guys that's my story and thanks for listening...
  • Options
    beatrizbrittney, I did 5 rounds of Clomid and one with Femara. I finally used Follistim and that's what worked...ask your RE about it.