Options

Buy Back, Resale, etc...

I read about your buy back program (at 50% of the purchase price). I have also seen posts of people looking for donor vials. I don't know that I have seen anyone adversting extra vials for sale. How does it work if someone has extra vials that another person is looking for? Do they not have to first "resale" them to you at 50% or do you allow "transactions" between members?

I am just starting the process. I will see what my doctor recommends, but I am thinking I need to order at least six vials with the one year storage. Once I have a successful pregnancy, I'll probably want to order more vials from the same donor for 2 years of storage as I want to plan for a second child.

I guess I am trying to understand what my options are in the event I end up with unused vials. Is your Buy Back at 50% my only option?

Thing is, if I have a baby...I will likely care less about what I can get for the unused vials!

Are you seeing a spike in sales and storage before your pricing increases next month?

Comments

• Options
    Hi BabyJazz -

Once a vial has left our facility we can not take it back or participate in a client to client transaction.

Some clients do a vial transfer (fee applies) and pay each other directly. The easiest thing (unless you have a specific person looking for the unused vials) is to sell them back. If there are still vials available for your donor it is basically your only option.

When you order your vials for your first child, be sure to check how many there are. There is a very good chance that if you wait until you are pregnant before ordering your next set of vials your donor could be sold out. It happens more often than I like to think about. Trust me, spending a little extra now is well worth the security of knowing your donor will still be available when you are ready for #2.

If you are sure you are planning on more than one child, our Family Tomorrow program provides 3 free years of storage with the purchase of 12 vials.

Yes, we usually expect to see sales increase in the last week before a price increase. The reason we let everyone know is so they can take advantage of the old price.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB