Options

Pregnancies/Birth # Request

Can you please give me the number of pregnancies & births for donor number 11220? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi -

5 or more pregnanices reported. Less than 5 births.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Same question for donors 11829 and 11884 please Scott.
  • Options
    Hi Buffy -

11829: Less than 5 pregnancies and no births. He was just released in July so it is too early to expect many pregnancies or any births.

11884: More than 5 pregnancies and less than 5 births. He has only been available about a year, so this point forward is about the time more birth reports tend to start rolling in.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hello,

I'm also wondering about this for donor 11961.

Thank you
  • Options
    And 11667 please?
  • Options
    Hi All -

11961 - Less than 5 pregancies, 0 births.
    11667 - More than 5 pregnancies, less than 5 births.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott - another request - 11604 please. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi All -

I've said it hundreds of times throughout the years on this board, but I think it is important to mention it again based on this string of requests...

A donor's previous pregnancies has absolutely nothing to do with your chances of success. All CCB donors eventually have pregnancies. It is just a matter of how long they have been available and how popular they are. All donors go through the same screening and must have outstanding specimen quality to make it into the program. Do not select a donor based on previous pregnancies because you think it will help your chances. All you are doing is narrowing down your options.

11604 is retired from donating and has no vials available. He does have more than 5 pregnancies and births reported.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hello Scott

During the course of 10 years of infertility, I have been through 5 IUIs, 5 IVFs, three miscarriages, one ectopic and one stillborn birth at 41 weeks.

If this information is important to me for making a major, personal life decision - please do not criticize me for asking.

And thank you for the information on 11604. There are several vials available on these message boards from others who no longer need them, so I asked.

Buffy
  • Options
    Hi Buffy -

I am certainly not criticizing you. I apologize for giving you that impression. I just think it important for others reading to realize there is no need to limit their donor selection based on reported pregnancies. It can be hard enough to find "the one" without adding additional restictions. More importantly, it would be unfair and misleading on my part to allow clients to assume reported pregnancies would increase their chances of success.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Please feel free to continue asking as many questions as you like.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    And 11371?
  • Options
    Scott,
    Thanks for the job that you are do!!!
  • Options
    More than 5 reported pregnancies. No reported births as of yet.

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    For pregnancies and births, do you only give information for less than 5 and more than 5? At any point, do you switch, especially in terms of births -- ie. more than 5 births, but less than 10 births; more than 10 births, etc?
  • Options
    Hi Scott-

I am wondering if you could tell me how many reported pregnancies and births are reported for donor # 12168?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Hi jr -

12168 has less than 5 reported pregnancies and no births as of yet. He was only released in late February, so it is too early for any possible births.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

Just following up on this question ... For pregnancies and births, do you only give information for less than 5 and more than 5? At any point, do you switch, especially in terms of births -- ie. more than 5 births, but less than 10 births; more than 10 births, etc?
  • Options
    Hi Smilie -

Our policy is to provide only zero, more, or less than 5 pregnancies and births reported.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Have there been any reported pregnancies for donor #11833? What is the current birth number for this donor? Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Options
    Hi Theone -

Yes. As his profile page indicates, we do have reported pregnancies for Donor 11833. He has more than 5 reported pregnancies and less than 5 reported births.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I am wondering if this information can be uploaded to the donor profile page. i.e

Pregnancies: zero, >5 or <5 instead of just Yes/No
  • Options
    Hi h-

Unfortunately, our current system does not allow us to make that change. It is certainly something we have on the list for future website updates.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Scott