Options

Confused

Hi, i'm so confused... what would you do in my situation? I have had 2 failed IUIs. Going for my 3rd. Should I try a different donor? I found out that my 2 top donors are retired, both been in the program for the same amount of time, 1 has 6 reported pregnancies and the other has 2. I've been using my 1st choice donor who only has 2 reported pregnancies. Should I switch to my 2nd choice donor who has 6 reported pregnancies? The problem is they are both retired with limited amount of vials so I need to buy up the vials I need for this baby (and hopefully baby 2 in the future). I don't have much time left to decide since vials are going fast. I'm doing this alone so money is a factor as well. Would you try another donor if you were me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    no, i wouldn't. it takes an average of four iuis to get pregnant. i wouldn'y go to vegas with the luck you've had so far, but there is no reason to think anything is wrong.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat going it alone and money is a big factor. My RE said usually takes 1-6 tries for IUI. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
    Good luck and baby dust.
  • Options
    I wouldn't give up on your top choice yet. I got pregnant after 3 IUI and now that I'm trying again I've already had 5 IUI and the donor is the same. So I believe it will work it just is taking a little longer this time.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who responded. I think I'll give him a couple of more tries :)