Options

how many tries is it typically taking?

how many tries does it typically take. No idea if I have any reproductive problems, being a lesbian.. we are trying this month or next just getting all our ducks in a row :)

Comments

• Options
    Trying to decide how many vials to buy.. any info at all is appreciated! Excited and very nervous!
  • Options
    I've heard that it typically takes 3-4 tries. Hopefully this is true--my wife and I are about to try IUI #3.
  • Options
    5th time was the charm for me.
  • Options
    i have heard that it takes 4-6 tries. my wife and i got pregnant on try one but we bought 5 cycles. we are gonna hold on to them for our second child (or in case things do work out with this one - we are still in the "reservation" stage - not in the "tell everyone" stage)
    good luck
  • Options
    My partner and I tried 4 times with one donor with no luck. Then we changed donors, had a chemical pregnancy on the 6th try and now we are on the 7th IUI. Currently on the 2ww...

I am hoping this lucky cycle #7 sticks. We also didn't do any medication at all until this cycle so I am hoping this is the one! All the other cycles were unmedicated, and this was our decision.

Looking back if I had to do it again, I don't think we would do more then 3 unmedicated cycles- and we also would have switched donors after the 3rd try.

Or even just go to IVF right away after a couple of tries..My wife is 35 and has no fertility issues so we thought we would get pregnant a lot sooner...

However, we have spent just as much money on IUIs and sperm as we would have on one cycle for IVF. If I had to do it again I would probably just go straight to IVF. I had a friend who did just that. It would have cost just as much as we have spent on 7 cycles but we probably would have gotten pregnant on the first try.
  • Options
    Lucky try #7 did it for us, finally! This was the only medicated cycle we did and it worked! Femara and an HCG shot. Still a very early pregnancy but we are thrilled!
  • Options
    Hello,

It changes for everyone. My friend got a BFP her first try, doing it at home with one vial and she has issues, cyst and endometriosis.
    My partner and I have been trying for 1 year. we got a BFP on our 2nd IUI, sperm count over 12mill (2 vials) we lost it at 9weeks. We did a total of 3 more IUI at doc, 2 ICI at home and no luck.. with trigger shots, Clomid and the doc said she is a perfect candidate there's nothing wrong with her only it's the sperm count that's low. Everytime was a total of 5mil for 2 vials, more or less.. which is quite low. This is our 8th Try, but with a new Donor and we did it at home with 2 vials. I'm a bit mad, because it took them all this time for the doc to tell us to go back to CCB and let them know the sperm count has been low. But we are happy to know It's not my partner.

Anyways, As you can see. It all depends on many things, but a lot on the sperm count. 1mil = 1% chance of getting pregnant. Best of Luck.

Crossing fingers that we have a BFP on Valentines day. :D So far, she's been feeling a little bit nauseous, shortness of breath and tender breast.. All these are good signs..

Baby dust to all!!!
  • Options
    What is a BFP?
  • Options
    I got pregnant on my 5th cycle and am currently 4 weeks.

BFP- means big fat positive (pregnancy test results)
  • Options
    siciliaflorez19 mentions sperm count from CBC has been low...is anyone else experiencing this?

is it an easy process for the Doc to test your vial for sperm count prior to inseminating?

we are going for try #4 next week - all with the same donor. we've done Chlomid and trigger shots for all but try #1.

good luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi Jayjay,

I haven't heard many people complaining about low sperm count, some have though. some ladies reported my old donor having really high sperm count but that wasn't the case for us, with the expection of once, which is the time we had a BFP. It was really strange we had bad luck with him.
    The way I see it, is that he wasn't meant to be our donor and our baby wasn't healthy enough to be born.

When the doctors thaw out and it was a really low count. The standards in CCB is a minimum of 15million give or take 15 to 30% difference, of more of less after thawing out. We were wayyy below that count. Check with the doctor and if that's the case, the doc can put a claim for you. we always shipped priority and the vials were used within the 2 weeks of shipping.

CCB is really good about their standards and the quality they sell to you. They help you thru this whole process. They are great.
  • Options
    3rd time did not work for me, switching donors and i have no know problems
  • Options
    I got pregnant the first time. I was pretty healthy going into the process. I had lost 52 pounds the year before and was running a lot. I cut down on training a few months before we started trying because it could have affected my cycle. Good luck!

Also, our doctor's office did a count right before insemination. I thought this was standard practice. We had to purchase 2 vials for the doctor's office because if the first vial would have been sub par they would have thawed the second. Thankfully, we only needed the one and now have an extra vial we're trying to get rid of.

PS our donor had huge sperm counts and more than 8 reported pregnancies before us.
  • Options
    Dnikid19,

For us we experienced 8 IUIs with 4 different donors, 2 medicated with Clomid, 2 resulted in miscarries and then we found out my partner's tube was blocked. She had surgery last September and we are currently 15 weeks pregnant.

Be faithful about tracking your cycles and asking lots of questions to your doctor. I wish we would have had a hysterosonogram done lone before to avoid any of the problems we went through. I think it would have saved us some money and certainly some heartache.

Good luck to you! It will happen.

K&K
  • Options
    So we are in the 2ww. We have 7 more days for her period date. Today we got the progesterone level and it's a fat 25. I'm being hopeful, don't want to get to excited... I'm a mess.. on sunday is day 11dpiui and last time we tested she had a BFP on day 11.. so we'll see if this time she has BFP. (Miscarried last pregnancy) ... Emotions are all over the place.
  • Options
    What does a higher progesterone mean? That she might be pregnant? Im so curious, as im tgoing for my 4th iui. Good luck ladies
  • Options
    Progesterone means 2 things, you did ovulate and egg released. Typically they want to see at least a 10 a week after conception. The higher the level the chances of pregnancy is most likely. Last time she had a 18 and she freaked out. When you are pregnant, these #s double every day.. that's when you know you are for sure pregnant. Next week, they should be much much higher.

Good luck! if this is a BFP baby is due on our 9th year anniversary 11/19 :) Don't want to be too excited, so early.
  • Options
    Txrunnergirl... You mentioned you have vial to get rid of? Is that the case? If so, could I get more info?