Options

IUI 24 hrs after trigger vs 36 hrs after

For those of you who have had success and used the trigger shot, did you have your IUI 24 hrs. after or 36 hrs. after?
I've had 3 unsuccessful IUI's and my doctor always does the follie check and trigger exactly 24 hrs. before the IUI. I asked about doing it 36 hrs. later and they told me that studies show it doesn't make any difference in pregnancy rates but I'm not sure I believe them. They said they only do the 36 hr. protocol for IVF patients.
Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    Well I had my trigger Shot 36hrs before my IUI and now im 12weeks pregnant with Twins on my 2nd try.
  • Options
    gingy, My doctor always had me do trigger and then inseminate exactly 36 hours later also. It took six tries but I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with one baby. Best of luck to you. You will get the results you want, it may just take a few tries. Michelle
  • Options
    My Dr told me 36 hours after trigger. I'm on my 3rd try - in the 2ww..but this time i'm doing acupuncture and progesterone suppositories...
  • Options
    I was puzzled by that too. My dr. has me do the shot 24 hours before the first IUI. (I do two in a row) I felt like 24 hours was too soon, but my DR knows more than I do!!
  • Options
    I've had this question as well. My IUIs have been 24-28 hours after the trigger. I feel like it is too soon as well but it seems the doctor would know best. What do the progesterone suppositories do?
  • Options
    I guess there is new research just out that supports prog suppositories - our dr office is having lots of women use it and it's been very successful. It helps strengthen your lining to support a pregnancy... as does acupuncture. So..i'm doing both this time...
  • Options
    I had a midcycle ultrasound at about cycle day 11 and then the doctor told me when to have the trigger shot between 8-10pm. Then the IUI was performed approximately 36 hours later. I was successful on my second round. In my case I was stressed and pushed out my natural ovulation so the trigger shot helped, I didn't use any fertility drugs.

I am happy to provide any information based on my experience.

It is alot of information to digest. Good luck