Options

IVF shots...ouch!!!

I'm going through the prep part of IVF right now. I've been self injecting for the last 2 weeks. 1st 2 weeks went well. Only one shot at night. Now I"m doing 3 shots per day and I'm very uncomfortable. The area is very sensitive and I have so many left to do. Any suggestions or helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. This part is NOT FUN!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey, good luck with it all - when is your egg pick up gong to be? I will be starting my first cycle of iVF just as soon as AF arrives. (the stabbing and jabbing is something I'm not looking forward to!)
  • Options
    Egg retrieval is either Mon. or Tues. I basically live at the doctor's office. I have been there 4 times over the last 6 days.

Shots are tough and now I'm starting to feel lots of "action" inside my belly. :)

I'm just really excited that this phase should be finished soon.

When do you think you'll begin everything?

I think I'm earning an honorary medical degree after all of this so if you have any questions I'm a wealth of info.

Good luck and stay in touch.

Susan
  • Options
    Hey Susan - good luck for egg retrieval! Hope it all goes well!
  • Options
    Egg retrieval went really well. They removed 10 eggs and 8 of them are fertilized. They only needed 1 vial from donor. Glad I selected a good "swimmer" Going back either Thurs. or Sat. for transfer. Thanks for the well wishes, Lily.