Options

Zika and another question

Hi there.

So, I'm planning on trying and IUI for the first time in a few weeks. How far in advanced should I finalize my donor choice and order?

And while I am looking online, with Zika on the rise, do we think I'm ok traveling to Florida? My family and I booked a cruise before we decided to try and get pregnant. The cruise is in June and goes to Florida, some private island, and the Bahamas.

Comments

• Options
    Hi D -

If you already selected a donor you can place your vial order now, as you can schedule a shipment up to 30 days ahead of time.

Our vials can sell out quickly and sometimes clients are surprised to see the quantity change from over 25 to sold out in just a couple days. If you plan to use the same donor for multiple IUI cycles or would like more than one child, you can store vials for future use. Feel free to check out our Family Today & Family Tomorrow programs which provide free storage and the ability to store vials at one of our branch locations: http://cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Family-Today---Family-Tomorrow/

As far as Zika goes, I would suggest speaking to your physician about your trip and you can also check out the CDC's website for their Zika Travel Info.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    We are headed to Jamaica tomorrow and our RE won't inseminate until we have been back for 8 weeks bc the risks are too high. So you might need to hold off inseminating until after the trip.