Options

switch from femara to clomid

Anyone ever switched from femara to clomid and had success? I've done 4 IUIs on femara all of which failed. I don't think some of those were timed properly. Also considering switching donors but I'm conflicted at the thought of not using my most favorite donor. Money is getting extremely tight and I may have only one more try right now. Anyone have any input on my dilemma?

Comments

• Options
    I know someone who did 5 rounds of IUI on femara with no success. They then switched to Clomid and got pregnant first try. I also had success with first IUI on clomid with my daughter and first IUI on clomid this time as well, and am currently pregnant with twins.

Timing is everything, are you currently meeting with an RE for your treatment?
  • Options
    jjr3, wow...it sounds like you have had some really good luck with both of your pregnancies as I have seen your posts on all of the various discussions. That's wonderful, we can only hope that everyone has the luck you did.
  • Options
    Interesting. That's the first time I heard that. I'm 40 with PCOS but I have regular periods. My RE put me on femara but is not doing the inseminations. i work for a GYN that has done IUIs in the past and is doing them for me right now. I do feel the timing has been off on two of the four IUIs. I think I'm just looking for a way to change the situation. Thanks for the advice.