Options

New with questions

Under the donor I am choosing, it says
"IUI/ART" "$350" and "Please call" under Availability column.
What does that mean?

It also says "IUI/PREMIUM" $490 and available vials.

My second question is donor is classified as "Anonymous" type, but in his essay, he mentions when child turns 18 feel free to contact him, so I'm a little confused.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Welcome!

IUI/ART is the vial type. In this case, it is a "washed" vial meant for use in an ART treatment (like IVF or ICSI). ART vials contain less sperm since the sperm is being introduced directly to the egg to creat an embryo which is then implanted. If you are planning on having your physicain do a standard insemination, you will need a Premium vial (either IUI or ICI depending on which your doctor prefers). For an at-home insemination, you will need an ICI (unwashed) vial.

"Please Call" means we are currently low or out of stock on that vial type. You need to call in to our client services department so we can varify if or when those vials will be available for sale.

"Vials Available" means you can purchase them immediately online.

Anonymous does not mean there is no chance for a child to meet his/her donor. CCB will contact any donor on behalf of the child once he/she reaches 18. All donors are aware of the possibility of being contacted in the future. Many anonymous donors have been receptive over the years to contact with offspring. Please remember there are no guarantees, but we will do our best when the time comes.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions as they arise. You can also call us anytime 6a-6p M-F just to talk about the process or for help with donor selection at 866-927-9622.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you, Scott. I'm done with my tests, submitted all my CCB paperwork, and the storage lab paperwork, all my questions answered by the Dr. and I'm ready to call in my order :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the CCB family. I look forward to hearing good news from you sometime in the near future.

Be sure to ask your Rep about our Family Today & Family Tomorrow plans that include free storage. Once you've found that ideal donor, you want to make sure you have enough vials to meet both your short and long term family goals.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you, Scott. They are scheduled to arrive at the lab today, so I let them know when to expect it. They asked me if it's washed and I said I don't know what that means. When it arrives at the lab, does the paperwork included (assuming there is with the shipment?) specify that they are washed? I just don't want the lab charging me extra if it was already done ;)

I'm all anxious, hoping to do this in Sept. :D
    Thank you again!
  • Options
    Hi D -

"Washed" would be an IUI vial. "Unwashed" is an ICI vial. Your paperwork will tell the lab which type you ordered.

Since your insemination is being done at your physician's office, you will need a "washed" specimen. If you ordered an IUI then make sure they do not wash it again. If you ordered and ICI, then they will do the wash there.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I ordered IUI Premium ($490 each)
  • Options
    The lab just called to confirm receiving the shipment and said that the paperwork says they are prewashed so all they do is store them and thaw one vial for about 15 minutes before each consecutive days of my IUI appointments.
    Thank you again, Scott. :)
  • Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Scott
  • Options
    My IUIs are this week, Scott! The butterflies in my stomach are huge! Breathe in....out...LOL.
  • Options
    Breathing is key! I don't have the scientific data to back me up, but I can only assume very few successful pregnancies result from holding your breath for an extended period. :-)

Maybe you should rent an entire series of some show you've never watched to distract you for the next couple of weeks. If/when the IUI is successful, you could tell the world about it and have women flocking to watch the "magic" show.

Keep us posted!

Very best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Done! Thank you, Scott, and I just want to assure others who are planning to do IUI for the first time, that it honestly is a fast procedure very similar to a pap.

(continuing to breathe) ;D
  • Options
    Good luck!

Scott
  • Options
    Scott,
    I tested Wed. and got a BFP, tested Thu. and got a BFP, then went to the lab this morning for blood test and got a BFP. I will call customer service on Monday to let them know. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Hi DC808 -

Wonderful news! Congratulations. You've made my weekend. Enjoy every moment.

All the best,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I had a smooth, fast first trimester. No morning sickness, but that came at a price- I got big fast :/
    I am now waiting for my amnio results and gender.
    Thank you so much and Happy Holidays, Scott! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations... No morning sickness WOW!!! I'm on my first trimester and having morning sickness.

Have a wonderful holiday!!!

Ivette & Glen
  • Options
    Big is beautiful! Enjoy all the attention.

Happy holidays,

Scott
  • Options
    DC thats great, you had a successful first time outer! I was hoping for the same but no such luck. will try again this week. Hoping for second timers luck. Happy Holidays everyone.
  • Options
    Thank you everybody!
    Congrats, Ivette_Glenda! I couldn't believe it either, and that's why I spent the whole first trimester worrying if something was wrong! :O
    Gale, Dr. gave me 7-10% odds at my age (39) in one cycle, on the first attempt, and I got my miracle. I had monthly cycles, just was not ovulating every month. I wish you tons of {{{baby dust}}}
    Happy holidays everyone :)
  • Options
    Thanks DC!!
  • Options
    Amnio results back, perfectly normal, no down syndrome and baby is a girl.
    I've spent the last couple of months worrying, and worse since I STILL haven't felt it yet :O I'm relieved...happy...blessed.

Must...think of girl name now...LOL
  • Options
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the lifespan of thawed iui washed sperm once it is in utero? I'm trying to time my iui's more accurately. I think I ovulate around 36 hrs after the LH surge and want to determine the best time to go to the clinic.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Mariposa -

On average frozen sperm lasts about 24 hours in utero.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB

p.s. - Wonderful news, DC! 2010 is already off to an amazing start. We named our 21 month old daughter Riley -- unfortunately she tells anyone who asks that her name is Elmo.
  • Options
    DC808 or anyone--

what do you mean that you have monthly cycles but not ovulating every month?

I have monthly cycles every month and one dtr says that I'm ovulating every month. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Hi Sui,
    I had very regular periods, but it was obvious from my months of charting that I only ovulated every other month.
  • Options
    Happy New Year to you both (and everyone else out there)!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott!
    My big baby girl was born (one week late) last month (by NATURAL childbirth...it really isn't that bad, and I'm first-time mom at 40. I was in my "zone"...I rocked!) Because she wasn't exposed to any meds, she latched on and BF instantly!! It was beautiful and amazing.
    She had jaundice, but that's all taken care of.
    I have already reported my birth and signed up for sibling registry.
    I just wanted to say Thank you, Scott, and all of CCB for all you do, and of course my donor for the love of my life.
    I will still be here to support others in their goals.
  • Options
    DC---what a wonderful journey!! i am turing 40 in september and will be having my first IUI next month. it is great to hear such a fabulous success story from another woman my age. best wishes to you and your new little girl. enjoy the rest of your journey!!!

julie
  • Options
    Hooray! Wonderful news. I'm very happy for you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with all of us.

WooHoo!

Scott
    CCB