Options

Irregular Ovulation?

My doctor has me ovulation testing over several cycles to see what days on average I ovulate, before we do any of the 'real' procedures.
As I am new to the actual procedures themselves, what do the doctors do when a woman does not ovulate the same time every cycle?
The first cycle was day 14, the next was day 18, and I am still waiting for the third.
Do they stick you on meds to make your ovulation 'regular,' or do they make you test everyday with the pee sticks, and then rush you in when the test is positive?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lydia!

I'm new to this too and my cycles are way out of wack! I mean they were so off that for the last 10 years I have only had 2 periods a year for some unknown reason.
    My husband and I knew he was sterile but just started to discuss doing IUI with a sperm donor back in October and ever sicne then I have a period every month but still my cycles are 33 days, then 39 days then 41 days and back and forth!

My Dr. told me during our consult that he is not worried about that, that he just wants me to test more frequently then basically rush in there as soon as it is +!!

Hope that helps! Good luck to you!