Options

Kimi723

Kimberly, just checking in. I have not seen you post lately and wanted to make sure the three of you were doing well. I had thought that you were going to have one more ultrasound then be released to OB, but had not seen another post. Hope everything is going well?!

This Monday will be 13 weeks for us and we went in last week just to hear the baby's heartbeat via doppler. After we had our 7week sono we have had one appt. with our midwife at nine weeks so since then we have be anxiously awaiting week 12 to hear the heartbeat. Heartbeat was 178 bpm and loud and clear. My next appt. is in two weeks. We feel like getting out of the 1st trimester was a milestone.

Fingers crossed you are doing well!!
Peace
Doneen

Comments

• Options
    Hi Doneen~

Thanks for checking in on us! We are doing great! So far, I have escaped any major hurdles on the 1st trimester. I have occasional quesiness, my breast are still sore, and have a lot of fatique, but all things considering, I feel like I have been very lucky. No major nausea & absolutely no vomiting.

We turned 9 weeks this past Saturday & have our next appt with the OB on 9/11. We should be able to hear the HB via doppler by then since I will be 1 day short of 11 weeks. We are having the 1st trimester screening done, so we will have a sono done on 9/22 along with some bloodwork.

I am so glad to hear your little one is doing great!! Congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester!! I am sure it is an amazing feeling!!

Keep in touch,
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Kimberly, I am soooo happy to see your post and to find out you are doing well. You will be out of the first trimester before you know it!!!! Glad to hear that you are not too sick. I have to report about the same for me. Thankfully no vomiting, but my nausea is pretty intense in the morning, but has finally gone away during the rest of the day. I feel pretty lucky so far.... not showing yet just feel bigger. If you do not know me no one would guess that I was pregnant, but I can feel my clothes just now starting to get tighter.

I have not told anyone at work yet as we were waiting to get out of the first trimester. So probably after our next visit with our midwife we will tell more people. Friends and family know, but neighbors, coworkers do not yet. Hearing the heartbeat was very reassuring and we will not have another sono until 18-20 weeks. We have not decided if we want to know the sex yet??? but will be happy to have another sono to make sure baby is healthy.

Do you like your OB? Is she in Aston? I know you were excited about getting into her office. Hopefully the two of you like her.

Peace and keep in touch,
    Doneen
  • Options
    Doneen,

I applaud you for having the patience to hold out on knowing the baby's sex! There is absolutely NO WAY we could do that! LOL In fact, if we knoew the sex today, I am sure DP would have already painted the nursery & such.

I only met with Dr Lo once so far & we really liked her - so down to earth & easy to talk to. She also just had a baby recently so I feel that she is very compassionate to us (especially "older" moms). The MFH clinic is in the St Paul Professional Bldg, which makes it a little less convenient than being in Aston, but it's still close.

~Kimberly