Options

blocked fallopian

So today I went for my HSG or whatever that thing is called where they squirt dye into your fallopians. I honestly expected everything would be status quo as so far they've detected no probs, only to find out I have a friggin blocked fallopian tube. Very disappointed but glad I found out before I tried to conceive. Anybody else have this happen and know what comes next? I'm curious as to whether or not this is going to be a major pain in the tuckus. Oh well... I haven't even started and I feel like I've been running around like a crazed person for blood work (ten vials), paperwork, tests, et cetera Keeping the faith that things will turn out well. Any thought would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I was told that one of my tubes was partially blocked when I had my HSG, but the doctor didn't seem to think it would be a big problem. He's going to put me on Clomid and we're going to go ahead with the first IUI in July. My impression from the doctor was that we would do at least 3 IUIs before we would need to start worrying about the blocked tube. Hopefully the open tube will get the job done. I know how you feel - this process is definitely long and frustrating at times!
  • Options
    Our RE left this test as optional. He said that if we have 2-3 unsuccessful IUI's, then he would require it. We were already wondering if I should just go ahead and have it before hand and this kinda makes me think I should. Was this test required by your RE before getting started for you guys?
  • Options
    Yes, latham, my RE required me to get it thought everything else looked "great" when she examined me and did preliminary blood work. I was wondering why she suggested it but she did mention to me that it seems people get pregnant easier after having it done and she also wanted to make sure there was no reason I couldn't conceive before we started. So glad she made me do it as I could have been wasting tons of money not to mention the emotional toll, and wondered why it wasn't happening easily. If your insurance covers it or it's no sweat for you, you may want to give it a shot.
    To Azlizzie: though I haven't spoken to my RE about it yet when I dropped off the film (for whatever reason the lab I used wouldn't email it) I spoke to the receptionist and asked if she thought it was going to be a problem and she said that she didn't think so as this happens all the time...made me feel better. Crossing my fingers and saying my prayers. Good luck to you guys as well and thanks for responding.
  • Options
    I had the HSG test and found out that both my fallopian tubes are blocked in the beginning of of the tubes ( endemetrio polyps) . so tomorrow I will be having surgery. to remove them and the doctor wants to perform a laporscopy to see if the tubes are clear . I'm just a little nervous, its a low risk proceedure.
  • Options
    I had a similar issue had a fibroid removed the year before I started trying it was 2lbs its blood supply wrapped around my right tube which ultimately was damaged when removed (a piece is missing) my RE had me on injectiables from the get go to be sure I ovulated on my good side each try and my son is 8 months old now. Good Luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks DMZ..went yesterday for my ultrasound and had a follicle on the good side that measure 17 cm? mm? ...anyhow, going for IUI on Friday, my first and am somewhat freaked but hopeful.
  • Options
    Oh, and Cindy, good luck!! and congrats DMZ!
  • Options
    Thanks DMZ! :). I'm recovering now from surgery and will hear from doctor tomorrow about today. I'm excited ! I hoe all ws what he said and nothing else was blocking them. I'll let y'all know tomorrow.
  • Options
    got results back, everything went well, the left tube was clear right tube not so I have a follow up on the ninth of agust
  • Options
    Went for my first IUI today. Was a bit upsetting as it seemed as if it was bring your spouse to the clinic day..and me without my ring (sarcasm) anyhow, got through it and the Dr. called later with the blood test results to say I wasn't ovulating today after all of that..shiit. Oh well. Have to give myself an injection tomorrow night and go back in Monday morning. I get a feeling this isn't my month...the beat goes on I suppose :(
  • Options
    Glad all went well Cindy, I was devasted when I went for the procedure to try to repair the tube only to find out a portion of the tube was missing obviously taken when the fibroid was removed I beat myself up over taking it out but in the end it was a 2lb fibroid and I felt it could have hindered pregnancy attempts. I think we all feel like it will never happen but as hard as it is you have to stay upbeat and trust me I know its hard, the first time or so its not so bad but if it takes you a few tries you begin to feel like it wont happen. I can only say from experience you have to believe and try your hardest to stay upbeat, it is also good if you have somoene who experienced it to discuss it with b/c a person who has not walked the walk will not understand what it is like. Gracas, I am not sure if I told my tale of woe LOL but my first try never was a try I ovulated before the IUI, my second was a chemical then 2 negatives finally a positive that ended in a miscarriage a few weeks after I found out I was devasted the first time i went back to the Dr, I cried in the waiting room and my first try after the IUI was another disaster it was the day after xmas and fed ex did not deliver the sperm, I had to go and pick it up on xmas eve and take it with me on the 26, guess what when I got there it was not mine, it was for another patient. I was almost an hour late with the iui had to go back to fed ex and of course that was a negative my next try as well, it was my third try the one I said if it did not go well would lead me to think of IVF that was a positive and now I am getting ready to watch my lil guy crawl, it is an amazing experience from pregnancy to delivery. It goes to fast and i try to write as much down so I never forget what it is like. I feel your pain about going in w/o the hubby, it was an issue for me many times and to be honest now when I do things with Josh its an issue at times, people will ask me if my husband has red hair, depending on my mood I sometimes say I don't know i havent met him yet LOL or I say now sometimes I say I am a single mom its just the two of us.......... its also hard at gymboree with all the stay at home moms and dads that come on the weekend classes, I had no choice but to go back to work. In the end I adore my son, I give him all my time and love, I provide for him on my own and although he may not have all the things I want him to he has everything he needs and he is loved. I truly hope that is enough for him. Keep me posted you can also email me as I check that more often if you have any questions or need to vent :) its nice to have a support group. Donna (sstarr815@aol.com)
  • Options
    wow that is amazing! I am going to be calling my doctor Monday, start my fetility treatment and then we'll see how it goes. i keep y'all updated , thank you so much for sharing.
  • Options
    Thank you DMZ for sharing...I love your answers to people's inquiries and it also gives me hope to hear you went through so much and now gymboree is a part of your life. I get in a little bit of a funk about it but I also know that if I don't try, it'll be a lifelong regret. Next month I'm at it again as I had to sit this month out for financial reasons.
  • Options
    hi everyone, I went to talk with dr after surgery, he was disappointed he said both fallopian tubes were not clear. I'm going tomorrow for ultra sound and fertility injections we'll see how it goes, I'll keep you updated
  • Options
    Good luck Cindy!! Hope it all works out!