Options

Please Help

I am new to this whole process like probably all of us, but i am wrestling with the fact that I can't "see" what the donor looks like. I am specifically looking at two donors that I have narrowed down, but I am scared to death to continue my journey. I know it is all about a healthy baby, and believe me, THAT IS MY MAIN FOCUS!!.. But,, with that being said..does anyone out there know if we can obtain a adult picture of an open donor???? I've wanted a baby my whole life and did not expect to be 34 and single, just want to make the best choice possible...Please give any info if you can.. Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Options
    Hi! I know Growing Generations Cryobank shows adult pictures and some of the Fairfax Cryobank shows adult pictures. As much as I loved that, I still got a better feeling from CCB. Best luck to you.
  • Options
    I didn't get even a baby photo of my donor until I was pregnant with my son and I'm honestly not sure how seeing a photo would have swayed my decision to go with the donor I chose. But... I wouldn't trade my son for anything and I wouldn't change a single thing about him!!
  • Options
    FYI: They have an appearance rating scale. If you call CCB, they will tell you what your potential donors rated on a scale of 1-8. That might give you some peace of mind.
  • Options
    Hi Jess. I just called CCB and was told the appearance rating scale is 1-10 however none of their donors rate less than a 5 and NO ONE rates higher than 8.5 because no one is perfect. I had them tell me the appearance rating for 8 donors, and they all rated a 7 except for one who was 7.5. I have a feeling this is not the greatest tool and if I had to guess, I would say 85% or more are a 7. Hope this helps you. The donors who where 7's are:

and 11206 was 7.5

If anyone else has any more of these scores please post...CCB doesn't like to look up too many at once and will likely only do a few per phone call.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help!! I think I have narrowed it down to donor #11255, just searching for anyone out there that has used him before and their thoughts! I actually sent a picture of myself and did a phone consultation to see what donor was more compatable with me. It was very helpful. Good luck to all!!
  • Options
    I personally decided I didn't even want a childhood pic. I figured I would analyze it way too much and never be able to make a good decision. So I got all the stuff except the pics and I really think it helped me be more confident in my choice.

I see ugly people having gorgeous children all the time - so I tried to trust in the fact that it's out of my hands and I just went by health and features profiles.

Best of luck - just don't agonize over it too much - try to keep it a fun and exciting journey that you are embarking upon!!
  • Options
    Me to I had trouble dealing with not being able to see my donor too so I went online and looked for a guy that I would be attracted to. The picture helped think of donor as a person that I knew I even gave him a name first and last. The best tip is search in wide variety of guys first or if you already know what race/ethic background you are looking for you can start there then you can pick a number of photos you like then print or save the ones you like then start looking at names for him you can name him whatever you like then any time you need to you see the picture. I use the look a like service to see if the picture that I have looks like the donor and using the matching service that CCB provides. Here is some sites where to start your search www.yahoo,com. www.goolgle.com or www.flinr.com for last names http://www.last-names.net/
    For first names and middle names http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/?cid=YSSP
    PS. I hope this helped if you any elise does this let me know what you think about doing this
  • Options
    Hello, I just used 11541 and his rating is 8.5. Now as someone up there, ugly people have beautiful kids all the time. I hope my handosome man will help me out in the looks department, LOL. But really this is based on their decisions. You as a person might look at someone that everyone thinks is ugly and find him really attractive. Just go with your gut feeling, thats what I did.
  • Options
    So Gale,
    How did 11541 work, I am thinking of trying as well, I used a different donor several times got pregnant in Aug but unfortunately miscarried last at the end of Oct. So here I am starting over again, would love to meet/speak with someone who used him and had success :)
    thanks
    Donna
  • Options
    Hey Donna, I had no luck with him the first time but will do it again next week with the same donor. Find Lilydog on here and she had wonderful success with him. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Thanks, I need to pick ASAP I am already on meds, when I got his long profile I didn't like some of the info on it so I went back to looking...... the donor I used in the past has no vials so I was already stressing over that :(
    Good luck to you as well :)
    Donna
  • Options
    Hi, so you know we have a group in facebook for donor 11541 if you have questions and want to see photos of the kids.