Options

tried twice

Hello all. I'm really bummin - I've tried twice now..not luck. Ugh. :( People get pregnant ALL the time! And I was taking fertility meds and didn't get pregnant..twice! Same donor..
Wondering if I should switch. Anyone of have a thoughts? Thanks -Josie

Comments

• Options
    Josie - I hate to say it but 2 isn't that many tries. People do get pregnant all the time but our RE told us it takes an average of 4-6 tries. There are women on here who have tried 7-10 IUIs and 1-2 rounds of IVF before conceiving and some still haven't conceived after all that. Try not to get frustrated. Your time will come. If you feel like your donor is the problem then switch but every donor here is perfectly capable of getting someone pregnant or they wouldn't be allowed in the program. Stress doesn't help in this situation so try to shake it off and get back in there and try again.
  • Options
    Josie -

Staying positive is sometimes hard to do when you're going through the fertility process. These things do take time and although we hate to hear it, it's so true.

I would double check with CCB about how many pregnancies/births your donor has. I used 1 donor and couldnt't get pregnant. I tried again (unmedicated) with the new one and it worked on the first try.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you..
  • Options
    And I will try again..