Options

Advice needed

I am scheduled to go to my first appt. with the RE and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice. Anything that might help that I need to ask or just anything. I suppose they will do testing to see where I'm at and if there are any problems....can they tell that from a blood test or are there other tests they do?
Also, I'm doing alot of natural things that are supposed to take 3 months to tell a difference and I've only been taking supplements (vitex, EPO, etc) for 1 month. Should I wait to see the RE until I've been taking everything for another 2 months. I'd like to avoid making mistakes if possible.

As you can see I'm a novice and I would appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.
Thanks! (*.*)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stargazer,

I went in for my consult this past July with my RE. I didn't take any supplements or prepare anything but a list of questions prior to my appointment. I did check to see what my insurance covered too and to make sure my RE took my insurance.

I doubt all REs are the same but mine basically consulted and asked questions about my medical history. He explained the procedure and told me what he expected based on my answers provided my tests came back OK (1-3 attempts). I read a lot prior to my appointment, some books I read were Helping the Stork and Knock Yourself Up which I felt helpful in explaining a bit about the process. Anyway I ended up doing some blood tests that day. They tested for everything including all STDs and then I think the following month I went in for day 2 blood tests and then on or around day 5 I had my HSG. My RE also required an updated pap. Anyway when everything came back in good shape I had the go ahead. I had my 1st IUI on November 9th and I am now 9 weeks 1 day. Anyway I hope that helps and I wish you a BFP! Baby dust!!
  • Options
    Hey Star, I went originally to my OB/GYN and had a complete physical and then went to the RE. Where I had my HSG, ultrasound on a certain day to see if I had any follicles. Then I got my prescriptions and started my cycles. I am on the second cycle and currently on 3DPO and in the TWW holding pattern. I would be careful with alot of the "natural" stuff as some of it may not be good for you after all. Talk to your RE about what you are taking and tell them all of it. I would see the RE right now, sometimes all of the things that they want you to do takes a couple of months to get done. You don't want to wait two more months and then have to do all of these tests for the next two months. Plus with my RE I had to see a Psychiatrists to make sure I wasn't crazy. Standard procedure. That took forever to get in and I couldn't move forward until I did that part. Go now, call tomorrow. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    thanks Janabny & Gale....that helps so much to have some idea of what to expect...You guys are great
    Blessings & Baby dust to you! (*.*)
  • Options
    I saw an RE who wanted me to jump through hoops, and I was not willing to do all of that so I saw another one who was actually apart of the network I work for( I didn't know her though). My RE did a consult and asked general questions (not too personal) and I was on my way to starting treatment.