Options

First TWW

Well, we did our first insem at home last night and will do another one tonight. I'm not sure how to feel. We only have enough funds for a few cycles so I am scared it won't work in that amount of time.

I have a 9 yr old son from a previous marriage, and I had a miscarriage right before I got pregnant with my son and one a couple of years after. I know I didn't have any probs getting pregnant then, but I'm 35 now (and heavier but no PCOS)so I'm really worried about my age. My husband is infertile so we are going this way. Our insurance does not cover any infertility treatment at all so we aren't going w/IUI. I doubt it would even cover a visit to an RE.

So here I am in my first TWW. I'm trying really hard not to be overly excited. I know the chances of it working the first time are about one in zilch. I just wanted to share.

Baby dust to everyone who needs it.

Comments

• Options
    Nope, not one in zilch, honey... ask Mistyand Carla... and there are SEVERAL other "one and done" on the boards. The ONLY one they did has their daughter, Reece, on her way... DON'T think that once won't work... you HAVE to believe that it WILL!!

One thing is for sure... negative stress can keep you from getting there... believe that things will work... and act as if they already have... start preparing for your little one.
  • Options
    Thank you for the support! I'm just trying not to get excited just yet even though I really am. I got pregnant the first try w/my son. And the first one, we weren't even trying. The third time it only took 3 months after coming of BCPs so I know there is a chance. Just worried about my age making it a lot more difficult.
  • Options
    I just turned 46 and am trying for my FIRST little one... and I'm not stressing about it! You WILL get your next little one... it may take more time is all. Just had one of our members get her BFP aftter ELEVEN tries... so if SHE didn't give up...
  • Options
    I'm here, I'm here...pscsgrll...listen up dear...it CAN work on the first try and I was 35 too! I just turned 36 in June and we are 31 weeks along, expecting our little girl very soon! We did not take any fertility medication either...just ONE natural cycle got us a BFP! So, it is very possible that this one and only try is going to give you a BFP! I also agree with tigger...try to stay positive and eliminate stress. Hang in there and just enjoy every second of this journey. I knew my body well enough that at about 7dpiui, I told my DP that I knew that we were pregnant! Keep us updated with any sign and symptoms and let me know if you have any further questions.

Prayers and Baby Dust to you!
  • Options
    pscsgrrl- Welcome to the TWW! I am in my 3rd TWW, and it is very hard not to get too excited, but I just keep telling myself that this is the one.
    Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!!!
  • Options
    I think all you ladies have the right idea about maintaining a positive attitude.

In recent years, I've often maintained a cynical (self-defensive, perhaps) approach of expecting the worst and then being pleasantly surprised when things work out. But not this time.

I really do believe in a mind/body connection and a positive, optimistic attitude is a must. So in approaching my first IUI, I'm fully preparing for a BFP!

For a while, I was afraid to start thinking about the possibility of an actual pregnancy, just in case it didn't work out. But envisioning the pregnancy is part of the overall positive approach, I think.

The worst that can happen is disappointment, but I'd rather deal with that than go through this process in a cynical manner.

So, I'm changed woman :-)

--CSS
  • Options
    CSS...well said, my dear! Optimism goes a long way! Let us know when you get that BFP!
  • Options
    Thanks, M&C. Will do.

And best of luck to pscsgrrl, and all.
  • Options
    Hi ladies... I'm on my 6th TWW. Had my first at home ICI. The other 5 were IUI... didn't work. I will be testing by the 8th. I keep lookin for symptoms but I can't really tell. We'll see...
  • Options
    I am on my 4th TWW. We did the IUI on Friday so we're barely into our first week. I just wanted to wish all of the ladies in the TWW lots of luck and send some baby dust your way!!!! I have been wondering where the TWW threads have been!
  • Options
    missdayene and jesselynn...loads of baby dust to both of you! You both deserve this to be your last TWW! Come on BFP!
  • Options
    I am on my 2nd TWW. I had my IUI done on Friday. This wait is definitely hard. My first IUI I didn't really have high hopes for it but for some reason on this 2nd one I just feel like it's the one. I sure hope so. Best of luck to everyone.
  • Options
    CSS- so did you do your first IUI yet? I was just reading through the thread and was wondering.(I didnt see a post anywhere else so if you're repeating youself, sorry)

pscsgrrl- what about you? Where are you in the TTC process? Didn't see anything from you either.

missdayene and Rbomar- Good luck to you both! Hopefully this will be the last TWW for all of us (at least until trying for baby#2!!) Time is going by pretty slow these days...just trying to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. I have been obsessing on possible symptoms already and its only 6dpIUI. Geez!

I hope the TWW is going by fast for you guys! Sending baby dust your way!
  • Options
    Hi all. I'm on my second TWW after having an IUI yesterday (natural cycle, no meds). Like Rbomar1212, I didn't feel quite right about the first attempt (for me, I think we timed it too late), but feel better about this one. Best of luck to everyone!!
  • Options
    missdayene: how did it go?
  • Options
    Hi Jesselynn,

Thanks for asking. I've been taking it easy on the boards lately because I needed to just relax and take a break from it all, and I felt like I was obsessing too much.

In the meantime, I've had my first two acupuncture appts., I feel great, and so far, my cycle's gone back to normal. If all goes well and I ovulate this weekend/Monday, I'll schedule my first IUI. Then it'll be my turn for a TWW post!

Here's hoping.

--CSS
  • Options
    So I did an HPT this morning (FRER) at 13dpiui and it was a clear BFN. AF due tomorrow or Friday. Ah well, I know it isn't over until she shows, but I don't have much hope at this point ... on to IUI#3
  • Options
    I think I may have spoken too soon ... I took another test (a Safeway brand EPT) this evening and there was a faint line. So I took a CBE and there was a very faint plus. And I looked again at the FRER from this morning and it has developed a VERRRRRRYYY faint line also. BFP perhaps?!?!