Options

Progesterone levels???

I just did my 4th IUI yesterday and I will be going in for a progesterone test at 7dpIUI. The doctor said he'd like to see it at 20 or more, and last time it was at 83 or something like that. I haven't heard of it being that high before. Any input about it? I am just curious...and if the numbers are higher, is there a greater chance you actually ARE pregnant, or is it just that it will be more likely to stick? I am confused over here! LOL.

Thanks ladies.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... girl, I really don't know. I know that mine was good @ 17 since I'm not on meds... anything over 10 they want to see there. Try looking it up. One of my know it all sites is fertilityplus.com. They have a page that tells you what levels you should be looking for in EVERY test that you take when you start, day 3, day 7 and beyond.
  • Options
    OMG! I really shouldn't do any reading on these things. All I found was that high progesterone levels can indicate a pregnancy, and extremely high numbers can indicate multiples. So where does my head go with that? "Maybe I was pg?" I get all freaked out! So I sit wondering if I was pg last time?, if there were twins, and if I was pg, what went wrong?, etc.

So, I am just gonna sit back and see what happens. Have my progesterone test in 7 days and take a HPT in 14 days, and not worry or think about this other stuff in the meantime. I learned during my first TWW to stay off those TWW website as they seem to encourage me to pay attention to EVERY single possible symptom. It was too much for me.
  • Options
    Interesting number for him to throw out there...mine was 16.9 and they told me that was really high...that most people have that number if they are one meds. I would double check on the number from the last time...that seems odd to me.

KUP
  • Options
    I think its odd too, but he was very clear as to what the number was, and that it was unusually high, since he was pretty surprised that it was that high and that I was not pregnant. He kept asking a bunch of questions like "did you feel any different?" or, "is your period any different?" like if I was sure it was actually AF or not. I hate this though, sitting wondering about it. Whatever was the case, its in the past and I am just trying to focus on this attempt...come on BFP! I think I might tell him not to tell me what the numbers are, unless it is something I really MUST know, ya know? I'd rather not have something else for my head to run with!!! :)

Misty- glad to hear Reece is still hanging in there! Not long now!
  • Options
    jesse...well, I'm sure he know's more than us...so we'll go with his suggestions. :)

Yes, it won't be long now...this is probably my last week of being pregnant...as exciting as that is, I'm getting a little sad about it. I'm going to miss feeling her inside of my belly...weird, I know. We go to the doctor this evening to check her amniotic fluid again...hopefully it has gone back up.