Options

Motility

Hi. I'm using donor 12600 and had a question. I inseminated on Wednesday and the motility count was 12 million and then again inseminated on Thursday and the motility was only 9 million. My Dr. said it was okay but I thought there was a guarantee that there would be more. I'm not sure if the guarantee was for total sperm or for the actual motility count. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Ummm, does anybody out there know?
  • Options
    I WANT TRIED IVF TO THIS DONOR , DO YOU HAVE PICTURE DONOR ?
  • Options
    IM using donor 11809 , 2 times inseminated and have 26 million in the first and second 21 million .and my doctor said it was ok the motility .

now a want to tried IVF maybe is better to pregnant and want to tried diferent donor #
  • Options
    Lishelle there is a big difference between 9 million motility and 26 million. I think you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Hi All -

I think there is some confussion out there. Motility is the percentage of sperm that are swimming well. Count is the number of sperm. Total Motile Sperm is the combination. Either number on its own is not really relevant.

There is no reason to change donors. Every CCB donor is fully capable of contributing to a pregnancy. Your donor's numbers are good.

There is no evidence showing that anything over 5 million motile sperm increases the chances of success. I know it is easy to think the donor is the issue, but the reality is that getting pregnant is difficult and can take some time.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    No, no confusion, and I'm not blaming the sperm for not getting pregnan
    t..I realize it takes time. My comment was that I thought there was some type of guarantee as to the count...
  • Options
    How do I find out the Motility & count of a donor is it on the profile, or i have to post the donor # on this board to be told?...thanks!
  • Options
    Hi mets -

Every vial carries the same guarantee of total motile sperm. The individual motility as well as the post-thaw count is included in the records that are shipped with the vial.

There is no reason to select a donor with high motility since the total motile sperm is a combination of motility and count.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    also another quick question Scott...Im in New York i noticed there is a branch in NYC can i order from there as well and have it delivered to my fertility doctor doing the IUI in NYC, or does it have to be shipped from CA ? thanks !
  • Options
    Hi mets -

Yes, you can have your vials transfered to our NY branch (one time $150 transfer fee) and pick them up. This way, you can avoid repeateded shipping costs and always have the ability to sell back any unused vials that have not left our facility.

Please contact our Client Services Department at 866-927-9622 for more details or to schedule a transfer.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    when i got the specimen it said mobility 68. when my doc did the iui it was only 55.

that seems a little low?
    someone please comment back
  • Options
    So what can we do if total motility is under 10 million?
  • Options
    Hi Ladies -

Kristy - I think that you are referring to the percentage of motile sperm, but that number on its own doesn't provide enough information.

Sunshine - I'm also not sure of the specifics of your specimen, but our IUI vials are guaranteed to have a total motile sperm count of at least 10 million post-thaw. The guarantee does not apply if the IUI vials were re-washed.

There are a number of different variables involved in the thawing and counting process, but if your physician or lab feels that the specimen was sub-standard, he/she can complete our specimen report form so that we can further review this.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    I don't believe it was rewashed but I will find out. I assume what the vials come in identifies that it is iui verses ici correct? Where would I get that form? I am still in my 2ww so if pregnant it's a moot point but if not I would like to have the form.
  • Options
    Hi Sunshine -

The vial type is indicated on the paperwork that we send with all specimen shipments. Also, our IUI vials have a green band to denote that they have already been washed. Some clinics have a policy that they must wash all vials, regardless of type.

You can find the specimen report form when you log into "My Account" and go to the "Forms" page.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB