Options

the day of IUI

Happy Holidays!
I was wondering if there are any restriction after IUI. Will I be able to go back to work? I work 12 hours physical activity-min rest. When do you take your first pregnancy test?
Any good advice?

Comments

• Options
    The doctor did not say there were any restrictions after the IUI. I decided not to go right back to work. I had to fill prescriptions and take a doxycycline, which had to be taken with food so I had to go get lunch. I actually ended up coaching gymnastics later in the evening on the day I had the IUI but I just took it easy. I took my first pregnancy test 11 days after my IUI and it was a very faint positive. My doctor sent me for a blood test that day, which was positive, but they said "Its very early". I am now 10 weeks pregnant. Good luck!
  • Options
    Congrat! So happy for you! What donor did you use?I took doxycycline this week for the HSG and it killed my digestive stomach. I hope I don't have to take it again. Tell more about your experience!
  • Options
    Hi kndrtchr, I have my first IUI the week after Christmas and I'm anxious in the waiting. If you don't mind my asking, what was the dioxycline for? Do they normally prescribe it after IUI?
  • Options
    In response to donor...I used 11220, a left- handed color-blind Jewish guy who is described as "creative" and "eclectic". Should be an interesting blend with my type A personality!

In response to the doxycycline...they gave me one pill to take with lunch after the IUI. I guess because your cervix is open and there is a possibility of infection. I was also prescribed compounded progesterone suppositories to begin the night of the IUI. I was on the progesterone until 9 weeks. This is all normal procedure for my fertility clinic. Good Luck!
  • Options
    kndertchr good evening,

If you need to take doxycycline make sure to eat well and drink plenty of water with it. I hope to have my IUI next mounth. Wishing you lots of luck! keep me posted.