Options

Medical Questions for Donor 3742

Hello. I was successfully enseminated with sperm from donor 3742. My son is almost four and he is just beautiful. However, we've been dealing with a number of medical issues with him and we need more information from the donor if possible. Our son could potentially have an inherited metabolic disorder which means that both the donor and I have to be carriers of the gene to pass it on. I won't know for sure for another few months but if there is any way to get in touch with the donor, I'd really appreciate it. I can arrange an interview with our geneticist if he prefers to remain anonymous. It's not necessary for him to speak directly with us. We're simply trying to figure out what is going on with our little boy so we can get him the medical help he needs. Please advise urgently.

Comments

• Options
    Hi S&M -

I am very sorry to hear about your little one. Please contact Pamela in our genetics department pcallum@cryobank.com or 877-7436384) for immediate help. While we are not able to put you in direct contact with the donor, our 3 full time gentic counselors who will gather/provide all the information possible to help you. It is also important for you to give us as much info as you can so that we may pass on anything that may be important or helpful to other families using the same donor.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll contact Pamela right away.
  • Options
    I already sent Pamela a copy of your posting so she is expecting to hear from you. My thoughts and best wishes for your son's good health are with your family.

Scott