Options

"Older" donors -- less desirable?

One of the donors I'm looking at (3666) has been a donor since 2003. Given that CCB retires donors after the maximum number of families with births has been reached, it seems strange that someone could have been around for so long.

Either there is something undesirable about this donor that I'm not seeing, and he is rarely chosen. Or people choose him and are not getting pregnant at the rate they do with other donors.

Or is there another explanation? Maybe he is not local and only donates intermittently? I would love to hear from anyone who has thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi jk -

He has not been all that popular. Donors without childhood photos tend to last longer on the catalog. Also he is a little thin(6'1", 155 lbs), which may make him less desireable.

He does have more than 5 confirmed pregnancies, so he certainly has been chosen by more than a few people and been successful.

If he seems like the "one", trust your instincts. Which ever donor you pick, I promise you will never even think about any of your other back-up choices once your baby is in your arms.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB