Options

ICI

Could you tell me how many sperm are guaranteed in ICI/Premium & ICI/ART?

Comments

• Options
    Here is the link to our info page:

http://www.cryobank.com/Why-Use-Us/Specimen-Quality-Standards/

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Is there more or less success with ICI vs. IUI?
    and, my doctor told me that if I purchase ICI ( which I will because it is all that is available) He will wash it there and then do IUI procedure, Does that make sense? If so, what is success rate?
  • Options
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. Many physicians prefer to do their own washes. IUI has a slightly higher success rate than ICI insemination (since the sperm has much less distance to travel). That said, depending on your age, health, etc., both insemination types can certainly be successful.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I plan to try "the conception kit" at home and wanted to know how do I purchase ICI sperm since i plan to inseminate at home and not at a fertility clinic. Who can sign the A1 form?
  • Options
    Thank you,
    Can you also advise on procedure to purchase ICI sperm and have it delivered to my home, since i am using a conception kit at home?
  • Options
    Hi Angelina-

You have the choice where to ship your specimens; either to a physician's office or your home. You will still need an A1 signed. Your regular doctor or OB can sign it for you.

When you place your order, just give the Rep your home address for delivery. Remember, you will need to be home all day to sign for the Fed Ex shipment. The driver will not leave the tank without a signature.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I was just reading info about ici and iui. I was wonderin, with ici, where would one store the specimen until the insemination?
  • Options
    Hi Frances -

The vial will remain safe in the shipping tank for 7 days. To maximize the efficiency of the tank, do not open it until you are ready to inseminate. Your freezer at home will NOT keep the specimen frozen.

When you do open the tank, be sure to follow the enclosed instructions. Most importantly, do not tip it over because there may be a small bit of liquid nitrogen in the bottom that can freeze your skin on contact. If any does happen to spill out, simply leave it alone and it will evaporate completely in a matter of seconds.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB