Options

LH Surge then Trigger???

For anyone who has used a trigger shot before, did you test for your surge also? My doctor has me testing for the surge, then calling to find out when I should do the trigger shot and IUI. No ultrasounds will be used. From other things I've read, the trigger replaces testing for the surge and is based on ultrasounds and follicle size. Can anyone help clear this up for me?

Thanks,
Megan

Comments

• Options
    Our docs worked the way you described second...but that never did the trick for us...so maybe your doc is onto something. I think the surge can last 36 hours...and the shot should help you O in 36 hours. Good luck, hope this is it for you!
  • Options
    I've really been trying not to think about the timing this time. But now I'm getting nervous. I haven't started testing for the surge yet (I'm on CD12). I'll start tomorrow, since I don't want to waste too many strips. From what my doctors office has told me, I'll call when I get my surge, then trigger that day, then do the IUI 36 hours later. My concern is that I'm going out of town Thursday (CD18). I'm hoping I don't run into that and miss my chance this month. Last month my IUI was on CD17. That's a little too close for me!

Trying to relax is so hard!
  • Options
    Hi Sweet Pea
    I've done two cycles with the Ovidrel shot. How my coordinator instructed was for me to start clomid days 5-7, then an ultrasound on day 11 or 12 to measure the dominant follicles. From this ultrasound, they could tell when I should trigger and would schedule my upcoming IUI during this appointment. It has always been, for me, trigger shot 36 hours prior to IUI. I stopped using the OPK as instructed by my nurse as its irrelevant due to the fact tht thwy are triggering my eggs. Now, this cycle (number 6 for me) we are doing back to back inseminations for the first time, so I'm not yet sure what time/when I will be triggering, but i think the general rule of thumb is 36 hours before. Hope that helps!!! I'm thinking about you!