Options

Hello,

What's the number of reported pregnancies/live births for this donor? (I'm aware that his sperm is no longer available but already purchased extra vials.)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PS I've seen your notes about not using the # as criteria for purchase, which is not the case with me.

I'm looking at number of potential siblings since this donor has reached the sold out phase.

If possible, I'd also be interested in knowing the # of potential, half-siblings in the New England area since I've seen and heard of references to at least three on here.
  • Options
    Hi DLM -

We have less than 5 reported births on this donor. To protect the privacy of our clients, I can not share the specific regions in which they live.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Scott,

I'm confused. You told "canucci" that there were more than ten live births reported for this donor over a month ago when he called and spoke with a representative. Please clarify the actual number.

Thank you,
    DLM

Reference:
    Posts: 15 Link |Top |BottomRE: 03814 general info/thoughts
    12/28/09 4:14 PM

PS Regarding the location, I understand and can respect that position.
  • Options
    Hi DLM -

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but here is the original post I think you are referrencing:

canucci
    12/09/09 4:00 PM

reported pregnancies for donor 03814 please.

Thank you much!

cryo-admin
    12/09/09 5:58 PM

Donor 3814 has more than 5 reported pregnancies.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hmmm--No--I'm referencing what he wrote to me in a private e-mail regarding a phone call he made to a representative. I'll follow up with him to confirm.
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

Here's the post:
    ------------------------------------------------
    RE: 03814 general info/thoughts
    12/28/09 4:14 PM

Hi DLM

We just inseminated last week (Dec 24th). The sperm count from our vial of 03814 was 66 million with 65% motile...which is really good! The california cryobank minimum requirement is only 15 million. So yes, this guy seems successful.

When I called the cryobank, they told me there were more than 10 births for this donor. It's funny how they tell different people different things. The first time I asked they told me "5 or more".

--------------------------------------------

I must admit that it seems like you do present a fair amount of conflicting information in this area because I'm about 99% certain that when I called to ask this question back in Nov./Dec. I was told that there were over six live births reported for 3814 at that time. (I've seen posts from other clients with other donors where there also seem to be contradictions in numbers received from CCB.)

Would you please recheck your records and let me know definitively the number of live births and the number of reported pregnancies that are in progress?

Thanks,
    DLM
  • Options
    Hi DLM -

My appologies. I mistyped my first response. My answer should have been we have MORE than 5 reported pregnancies for donor 3814.

We also have MORE than 5 reported births.

We do not give out more specific info than that because some pregnancies (and even more births) often go unreported to CCB.

In general, out maximum goal is 15-20 families per donor world-wide. So, even if there are less than that now, there is always a chance that someone else will opt to use 3814 in the future or is already trying but not yet been successful.

I hope this answers your concern. Again, I apologize for the miscommunication on my part.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB