Options

IUI this morning

I had my first IUI this morning. I was nervous and excited at the same time. Now is the wait. I am so new to this so I keep reading on what to expect. Per my doctor, I can go about my daily activities but from what I read, no exercise, less stress as possible etc. Is there anything I should pay attention to as as indication things are going well or not? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi- I am 5dpiui so i am also in the dreaded TWW. The internet can be very helpful or very stressful. Today I started experiencing a pressure on my lower stomach and a slight pinching sensation. This was my 1st IUI so everything is new and crazy. Try to stay busy to keep your mind off the waiting. I find myself tire a lot more since the IUI.
    Best of luck and Baby Dust to you!
  • Options
    Thank you so much Lili40! I agree with you, the internet can be both helpful and stressful. I read that I am suppose to experience cramping but so far, I've not had any cramps. I am going to take your advice and busy myself to take my mind off thinking.
    I wish you all the best and many wonderful Baby Dust to you!!!
  • Options
    I only really had cramping the day of my IUI. Honestly that was most likely ovulation pains. I hate that everything I experience I hope is not my imagination playing tricks on me. All of this is such a mind trip. Keep positive :)
  • Options
    Oh Lili40, I hear you. It's definitely a mind trip!! It's just a day but I managed to relax as much as I can. I did not have cramping the day off and from a lot of what I read, there's some cramping. My ovulation seems to peak today but I have not experience any changes. I am suppose to start progesterone tomorrow. I am just praying and hoping that in 2 weeks, both of us will receive wonderful news.
  • Options
    I'm also in TWW and OMG so stressful b/c of the internet. Everything I overanalyse. My test is on Friday so I'll know for sure. Trying not to read anymore (successful in that today).

Looks like we had the IUIs around the same time (12/23 for me).
  • Options
    I wish you all the best, SingaSong. Unfortunately, my urine test came back negative and the doctor told me to stop taking the progesterone. I am sad but I am cheering on for others to receive BFP because the stress of waiting alone is too much! Good luck!
  • Options
    Beginner- so sorry it didn't take this time. I also had a BFN and I am starting meds for my 2nd IUI which will hopefully be in less than 2 weeks. Keep me posted if you try again.

SingaSong- Best of luck to you for Friday!
  • Options
    Oh no, Lili40! I am so sorry to hear about you getting BFN too. This is my first time but goodness, it's draining!! I have to wait for my period then the next trial begins. The weird this is, my period is supposed to be anytime from today to the 7th and I am not a spotter at all. When I was wiping to for my urine sample, I saw blood like my period is beginning. I am on progesterone inserts so I am just confuse. Needless to say, I am preping for the next one.

Baby Dust to all of us!!! I am hoping this time around we will receive good news.
  • Options
    So sorry to read about your negative tests ladies. I'm in the 2WW after my IUI in Jan. 1st. I'm a teacher, and off of work this week, which is helping me stay stress free, not not keeping me from fixating and overthinking!

I'm on progesterone suppositories, and still taking all my supplements. I have no symptoms at all, but am over analyzing each twinge. Nothing meaningful yet!
  • Options
    Hi LGD76,
    That TWW did a number on me! I just kept on reading and reading the stories of others IUI journey and their symptoms...or lack of. It was one of the longest two weeks I've experience. Like you, I had no symptoms but I think 3 days is too early for you to expect symptoms. Even though it's easier said than done, Do your very best to relax as much as you can.

Baby dust to you!
  • Options
    Hi, ladies,
    Blood test on Friday AM was BFN. But I definitely got my period that morning so I was prepared I guess.

Appointment next week for monitoring again.

Baby dust to all!
  • Options
    Hi SingaSong,
    I am so sorry to hear about your results. This journey require all the patience one have and it's not easy. I am looking forward to all of us reporting our BFP news.

Baby dust to you!