Options

Normal vs Abnormal bleeding

I went in to the emergancy room yesterday because I started leaking some kind of brownish substance, later on I was spotting, I was sooooo scared I cried all morning because I had lost my baby, I had an ultasoud done but since I am only 3 weeks they couldn't really see anything. I was kept in observtion for several hours and got blood drown to check my HCG I have to go in on tuesday to get tested again and I go in on Wed. for a follow up. That is 2 days from today and I am nurvous that anything I do can make me loose my baby. I stopped spotting, but I am unsure of what to do. Yesterday at the emergancy room they couldn't tell me for sure if I had lost my baby. So I don't know what to expect.
Please help!!!!!
Can anybody tell me what to expect if I had a miscarage???????

Comments

• Options
    ninargv,

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know this is a horribly stressful time for you.

I cannot provide any insight for you since when I had my miscarriage, it was discovered by dropping HCG levels. I didn't have any bleeding for several days, and when I did, it was just like a regular period only heavier.

Try to maintain a positive outlook, if the baby is still there, you don't want to be overly stressed.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all is well! Let us know how things turn out.

Kimberly
  • Options
    Brown spotting is a sign of old blood, and it's very common. I had brown spotting during my pregnancy, early on. What doctors tell you to look for is bright red bleeding accompanied by cramping. The truth of the matter is that, if you are going to miscarry, it can't really be prevented. The best thing to do is try to relax and keep calm. The HCG blood test will tell you a lot.

When you say you are three weeks pregnant, does that mean you are three weeks past your IUI? That would make you five weeks pregnant, because you date a pregnancy from the first day of your last period. At five weeks they should be able to see a gestational sac and possibly a yolk sac if they do an internal ultrasound. I had an ultrasound at 5.5 weeks and saw the GS and the YS, no heart beat. Then at 8.5 weeks we say the baby and the heart beat, and I was released to my regular OB/GYN. Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much Kimberly. I'll keep you posted.