Options

Argh!!!

I was soooo determined to make it through my 2nd two week wait with more grace than last time. I was doing really well until today (day 7). Luckily it has been a busy and drama-filled time at work so that has distracted me a bit. But earlier today **TMI alert** I noticed a bit of pale mucousy blood when I wiped and that set me off on a web search about implantation bleeding. I've never spotted a day in all of my 39 years, so it was weird. Now I'm feeling crampy, but not sure if it's real crampiness or imagined crampiness. Yup, making myself a little crazy.

To top it all off, my allergies are going nuts and I woke up with a cold sore yesterday and tore up my car when I didn't notice a tire in the middle of the highway last night (the same tire got two other cars and a semi!!). I'm hoping I won't have to pay the insurance deductible because that would mean no IUI next month as my budget can't handle both. So, I really need a bfp this time for both my sanity's and my bank account's sake, not to mention my inner-mommy's sake. No more looking at the toilet paper! And no more looking longingly in the drawer with the hpts! I'm so glad I work tomorrow. I need more distractions.

Sorry for whining, but I do feel better now, so thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Whine away, that's what we're here for!!! I'm only 3 days since my IUI and it feels like it's been a week already!!!
  • Options
    This is ironic. I thought I was doing pretty well in my 2ww until today. I took a test (2 days early) and it was a BFN so now I am bummed out. I know it's not over until AF arrives, but I am pretty sure it would have been a positive if it had worked by now. These weekends are killers to my patience. I do well during the week because I am busy, but the weekends are soooo hard.

As far as the spotting, I have no idea. I have never experience that but I hope it's a good sign for you. Sending positive thoughts.
  • Options
    To test or not to test...I had my 1st IUI this round on the 22nd of Jan. I thought I started on the 1st of Feb. *** TMI warning *** I bled heavily for 4 days and then not much for a day.

Went in for an US on the 2nd of Feb. and she saw a cyst on my left ovary, so I have been waiting for my cycle for try #2. Well, today is the 27th. My cycles have been completely regular at 25-26 days since I stopped BFing my DS, who is 3 1/2.

Should I buy a test or wait a few more days to see if AF comes? If I get a BFP, it would be from the January IUI on Jan 22!
  • Options
    amy - my cycles were alway incredibly regular too, but got thrown all off when I had cysts. hoping you get a BFP!!
  • Options
    I agree with austingurl about the 2ww wait. It is killing me. I had IUI last Friday and Sat. I could not get out of my head on Sat, Sun I was a bit better. I have been working all week but am working from home on Thursday due to snow. Friday I am off so the weekend is going to be long waiting to test. When do most people test after an IUI? My period is usually at 25 days. So any advice would be nice. Thanks. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    Anissa - I had my IUI last Thursday...the first few days were hard but it's getting better. Last month I tested almost every day and it drove my crazy. I haven't tested this time. My doctor does automatic blood test 2 weeks after IUI so I will try and hold off testing until that day because he'll ask me what it showed.
  • Options
    Jaimec my doctor does not automatically test. He says call him if you are. So I would have to go to my OB/GYN. The doc who is doing the IUI's is different than my OB/GYN. The Doc I go to is well known in the community for doing IUI's on single mom's and same sex couples. So I guess I will wait another day or so before I test. 2 weeks is next Friday but if AF comes it will be before then. This is my second IUI, so I will have to order the rest of my vials from CA Cryobank to the doc's office.
  • Options
    This week has been much better. Work is a really good distraction. If I can make it through the weekend without testing it will be a miracle. Monday is the end of my tww, but I'd really like to wait until AF is late to test. I hate that empty space next to the control line more than I hate AF! My clinic said to call for a blood test 16 days past trigger but that will still be before AF is late. I gonna try to hold out until next Thursday. Good luck to everyone!

Jaimec, I also tested every day last month and it made me crazy. I def will not dO that again!
  • Options
    My dr tells me to test 2 weeks after the IUI. I have been pretty decent about waiting until 2 or 3 days before that to test but I haven't managed to wait the full 2 weeks in any of my 3 attempts. lol

AF arrived Tuesday so I started meds again today...ugh. This is taking longer than I hoped to work. My dr is really positive and says not to give up. I told her I am not really frustrated...just impatient. She laughed. I love my dr and the staff.
  • Options
    Yesterday day was week 1 and I haven't taken any pregnancy tests. I'm actually doing really well this time around. I have learned some methods for dealing with stress which seem to really be helping....and hopefully being less stressed will help with a pregnancy!
  • Options
    Good luck ladies, I hope you get you guys all get your BFP's soon :)

I am scheduled for an ultrasound on sunday and then my first IUI on Tuesday the 6th. I cant wait! I am not even to the 2WW but i already know I am going to go crazy, it already seems like the days are crawling!
  • Options
    Well ladies, I made it through a week without testing and tested this AM. BFN. My sister in law said it could be to early. Who knows, I am a bit bummed since it is 6 & 7 days post IUI. The midwife said everything looked awesome for a pregnancy. Hopefully it was just to early and I am. It is going to be a long weekend. AF usually comes at day 25 so this is day 21, so maybe I am wrong. Since I ovulated later than normal as well, I had my surge on day 14, and they says you get your AF 14 days later. Well see, just was bummed so I figured I would Argh.....
  • Options
    Anissa - I bet your sis-in-law is right and it's just too early....good luck!
  • Options
    Good Luck everyone! I'm on to try #2. AF came Saturday morning and I go in tomorrow AM for my baseline bloodwork and US. Hopefully, no cysts this time and I'll get to pick-up and start my meds tomorrow night.

Anyone else dealing with a nurse who drives you nuts? I'd left messages Thursday and Saturday, along with this morning. I was getting concerned about missing this cycle. My doc usually baselines me on day 2, then I go back day 4, day 6, day 8, etc. until time to IUI. I hadn't gotten a call back today, so I finally called the switchboard to talk to a human! The nurse I spoke with scheduled my baseline for tomorrow. My RE's nurse is super condesending! I don't want to say anything because there is only in practice in north Alabama, in Birmingham, that will take single women.
  • Options
    Update: Large cyst on 3/6 ultrasound. No try this time. RE put me on a low dose birth control to try and get the cyst to heal. She won't look until AF arrives again. If it doesn't heal, then I'm looking at another surgery to remove it before I could try again. I've been too down to get on here and post.
  • Options
    Amy hugs to you. I hope it heals and you can try again. I am thinking of you. Amy I sorry for your troubles with your NP. That is horrible. Good luck and keep us up to date.
  • Options
    Amy - what kind of surgery do they do? Last month I had 5 cysts and they removed them without anesthesia (my choice). It hurt like hell but meant not skipping a month.