Options

from 11444 recipient

From my heart!!! Rather than to ask advice from others on which donor you should select, it's all about YOU! Not that it matters what someone else thinks of who you have selected as a donor nor does it matter what the outcome is of anyone else's IVF. None of this has any bearing on the sucess one woman's situation to another or one couple's to another. Way too many factors encompass,impact and influence the success or unsuccess of your process through this journey! Focus on what's most important to you in a person and follow that desire, and in doing so, you will narrow your selection down from those profiles available,read about them, study them, choose your "must haves" in the profiles,pick out what's most significant to you in a man, qualities and traits etc, and by then you have weeded some out. Then prioritize who is still remaining on your list of helpers and then make your selection. Call CCB and discuss with them if you can't figure it out--they are an enormous amount of support to all of us! So many people get on this site and back and forth about this donor, that donor, are you pregnant, are you not, this fertility medication, that process, how many times, how many failed attempts on and on and on. Does this all really matter? At the end of the day "no, it really doesn't." The only one thing that matters is your success and what protocal for one woman may not work for another, just the same as one couple to another. We are all different and our individualism is just as unique as is our timing, is all different from one another in our success down this road.

After starting my journey alone in June of 2007,1 ICI, 4 IUI's, 4 IVF's, I faced many unsuccessful attempts but didn't give up. I knew then it was time to get a helper. Finally, I am expecting twins June 2011 through a surrogate and I am delighted that the donor is 11444. I'm excited beyond belief!!! It has truly been a long road....and believe it or not my first 9 attempts were using a different donor. A week before the process I decided to switch my donor to 11444. I will soon be blessed with two!

Follow your dreams, all things are possible! XOXO

Comments

• Options
    Jlynn62,

What a beautifully written note! Congratulations on your twins, it's so incredible when it happens, huh? I am currently 40 and about to attempt my 3rd IUI, alone as well. Where are you located? I am interested in getting to know others in our position and support one another. It's a true bonding experience and it's so nice to do it with others support and love!

I am in Boston, have met some wonderful ladies here on the CCB board. One really sweet woman in Florida, one in Delaware and also as far as Pheonix.

Hope to hear back from you. My email address is Jennifer7170@msn.com.
  • Options
    Hi Jennifer,

I am in California.....so is this donor the 1st one you have used from CCB? Is this 3rd attempt with the same donor as the other 2 attempts? If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to select 11444? Do you know of any other pregnancies with this donor? What made you decide to do this on your own?

Jan
  • Options
    Hi Jan,

Actually, I didn't use donor 11444. I guess I should have realized that I was replying to your post with that donor number. I am sorry for the confusion. I bought 12 vials of donor 11397 and really hoped that I could get pregnant and have enough vials for a sibling if I desire to have another. Anyway, I am doing this alone because I am tired of dating to be quite honest. I gave so much of my life to men that didn't give back or deserve my love and now I just want to have my child and love him/her to pieces. I was also raised in a single parent home, It can be done and done so well. Hope all is well. Talk soon.

Jen