Options

I'm not gay, but I llike the you guys's board of same sex couples.

Ladies, I just wanted to say thumbs up for all of you. I enjoy reading all of your posts, I think they are well informative I love the way support is all over. I get bored of reading some other areas of posts. I hoping to be a single mommy by choice and had 5 failed iui's. I'm going to start mini stim IVF very soon. any advice???

Comments

• Options
    I am a single heterosexual woman as well. I am thankful the women on the site are supportive regardless of sexual preference. The reality is we are all experiencing this process regardless of reason, so I read several post in all the categories.

I had 2 failed IUIs and moved to IVF July 2nd. 18 eggs were retrieved on the 16th, 10 fertilized, 2 xfered. Currently 5dp5dt. (Way to nervous to test, and no symptoms)

Stims were not bad for me (Follistim/Menopur) the worst was the inconvenience of monitoring every other day.

Retrieval was painful first few min, then they must have increased my meds because I don't remember anything after. Only that day of pain.

Transfer just like the IUI

Good luck and there is a great support group on what to expect-fertility
  • Options
    Hi KBT,

I'm moving on to ivf, but mini stim ivf. My amh is a bit low. At 0.73 I turn 37 in. September. Keep me posted. Did you do ICSI as well? Also, I'm terrified of the pain of egg retrieval, what can I tell my doc so that I don't feel any pain? Any advice?
  • Options
    KBT,
    I'm from California. Where are you from?
  • Options
    I'm in CT. Yes my dr did ICSI, as well. They did a conscious sedation, if they probably would have waited until the meds were in my system. It wasn't unbearable. I think part of the issue was my left ovary wasn't easy to view with ultrasound. I think they used added pressure because that is the side with most pain. The next day I was fine.
  • Options
    So you're gonna test tomorrow? Good luck. Keep me posted.
  • Options
    I also that it is more comforting to you know that egg was fertilized and implanted inside, rather than iui.
  • Options
    5dpt -BFN
    6dpt- too nervous to test again, holding on to hope that it was way to early for me

Let's see if I have the courage to test in the morn. Today feeling like AF is on her way. Mild cramps, full breast with sensitive nipples. What sucks is these are all signs of early pregnancy too. :/