New to the Board . . . TWW 2nd IUI

Hello all!

My partner and I are on our 2nd IUI cycle unmedicated. My TWW ends Thursday, but we took a HPT on Monday and got a BFN and my temp is dropping slightly. So we are not overly hopeful. I am thinking we should step things up if we do get a BFN and start taking meds. How soon after CD 1 do I need to start taking clomid?

I am glad I found this board. It is nice to "talk" to other couples on this journey.

Katie

Comments

• Welcome ktalberts,

I don't know anything about meds., but I just wanted to welcome you to the boards. There are many knowledgeable people here and I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question.

My partner and I just had our first IUI on the 10th and we're in the TWW too.

Keep us posted!

Misty and Carla
  • Hi Katie,
    My partner and I are on try#2 - first was unmedicated and since we're impatient, our Dr prescribed Clomid for this cycle. You would start it on either CD3, 4, or 5, depending on what your Dr recommends. I've read that a lot of people start on CD5, but our Dr told us to start CD4. DP took the last one two days ago and we go in tomorrow morning for an u/s to check everything out. If all goes well, we'll insem this wknd, we hope!

By the way, I'm also totally obsessed w/ this board as well as the glbt fertility board babycenter. The discussion over there is updated a little more often than over here. It's funny b/c I have never been one to read/ participate in online forums or discussion boards - but I am totally consumed by this process! I can't get enough! :)

Good luck to you both!
    Cindy
  • Katie,

We are very glad you found & joined us! Sorry this cycle is not looking positive for you (literally!). But don't count yourself out until Thursday and not even then if AF hasn't arrived! I've seen other boards use the phrase "PUPO" (pregnant until proven otherwise)!

One month I did get a BFP but the HPT didn't pick it up until 16 days after the IUI.

As for the Clomid - you'll hear anything from CD3-7 to CD5-9. It seems to depend on doctor preference and experience. I start mine on CD3.

Good luck! Now that you are here, I hope you continue to let us know how things are going for you.

Kimberly
  • Katie,

We are very glad you found & joined us! Sorry this cycle is not looking positive for you (literally!). But don't count yourself out until Thursday and not even then if AF hasn't arrived! I've seen other boards use the phrase "PUPO" (pregnant until proven otherwise)!

One month I did get a BFP but the HPT didn't pick it up until 16 days after the IUI.

As for the Clomid - you'll hear anything from CD3-7 to CD5-9. It seems to depend on doctor preference and experience. I start mine on CD3.

Good luck! Now that you are here, I hope you continue to let us know how things are going for you.

Kimberly
  • Katie,

Kimberly
  • Yikes!!! I really didn't mean to do that... I kept getting an "error" message & didn't think it was going through!