Options

shipping/delivery timing question

Doing my first IUI this month and has a question with timing the shipping & delivery of the "man in a can".

Based on my cycle & ovulation timing from previous cycles I will ovulate on either Sunday August 11th or Monday August 12th. My OBGYN said that they will do the IUI on Sunday if that is how the timing works out but I have to make sure that I have the specimen and it is viable, but it needs to be viable through Monday in case I don't ovulate until then. I am in Louisiana so ... when should it be shipped? when should it arrive (being shipped to my house)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Bnrdg-

Congrats on starting the process! Our tanks are validated for seven days and there are a few different shipping options you can choose from.

FedEx Economy shipments ($185) take 2 business days to arrive and only arrive on weekdays. In this case, you would choose a ship date of Wednesday, Aug 7th and the specimen would arrive on Friday Aug 9th by 7pm. You would have until the following Wednesday to use the specimen. If you decide on this option, you must place your order no later than Tuesday, Aug 6th.

FedEx Priority shipments ($220)take 1 business day to arrive and only arrive on weekdays. If you choose a ship date of Thursday, Aug 8th, the specimen would arrive on Friday, Aug 9th most likely by noon. You would have until the follow Thursday to use the specimen. If you decide on this option, you must place your order no later than Wednesday, Aug 7th.

FedEx Sat Priority shipments ($235)- If you choose a ship date of Friday, Aug 9th, the specimen would arrive on Saturday, Aug 10th most likely by noon. You would have until the following Friday to use the specimen. If you decide on this option, you must place your order no later than Thursday, Aug 8th.

**Please note that FedEx will require a signature for home deliveries. Also, FedEx does not offer Saturday Priority deliveries in some remote areas and delivery times may vary for residential areas.**

Since shipping can be confusing, I always suggest calling Client Services to discuss your options. If you live in a remote area, or don't have someone to sign for the package, they can suggest some alternative options.

Best of luck!

Nicole
    CCB