Options

PCOS, POOR RESPONSE TO FOLLISTIM/GONAL-F

I have PCOS and took Follistim at low doses and finally had more than one follicle (3-4), I got pregnant but lost.Now I can't seem to hyperstim for the life of me, out of 12 IUIs the only one I got pregnant from was when I hyperstimulated. The last 5 IUIs I have not been able to hyperstim again even at higher doses. What is wrong with me? I know my testosterone is elevated but everything else is normal including my AMH.

Comments

• Options
    Why would you want to hyperstimulate?

My wife has PCOS and we did 200mg Clomid day 4/5, 150mg Clomid day 6/7/8 then One bravelle injections each day 9/10/11/12. We also took estradiol starting day 9.

We ended up with 5 mature follicles above 18mm. Got preggers first try with this hybrid cycle.

The estradiol helps with the lining, the bravelle helps with the lining, it helps make more follicles and helps those follicles become higher quality more mature follicles.....from our research, most everyone gets preggers first try
  • Options
    Maybe you have a low egg reserve? I dunno, I'm not a doctor by any means but that seems like it could be a possibility. I just had my 5th IUI which was my 1st hybrid cycle with clomid/follistim and it didn't take. I don't have PCOS but it made me hypterstim with 5 viable follies. I'm hoping that works again for our next try but it's stressing out my left ovary and I've got to take a rest cycle.

Just know you're not alone gracie, I've seen other hybrid cycles (if yours was hybrid) fail with others on different blog/sites. I'm so sorry you've had to go thru 12 IUIs. I am not doing so well with just 5... baby and follie dust your way!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies. I wanted to hyperstim because that's the only time I got a BFP with the 12 IUIs, all the other times I just had one.