Options

After some helpful advice....

Im 25 years old and have been dignosed with Polycyctic Ovarian Syndrome. I've been wanting to have a child for a few years now and finding the right person has been extremely difficult.

With constant disappointment and let down, Im at a stage where im ready and im tried of waiting for the so called Mr. Right to come along.

When I was 17 i was involved in a very serious car accident that has also left me disc's out of place in my back and neck which has left me with alot of pain.

I have a very supportive family and whatever discussion i make, i know i will be 100% supported by.

This is the hardest and most emotional decision of my life. I have a great job in finance and able to offer my child a stable and happy home.

What im after is some advice outside of my family on what to expect and is the decision that im making to have a child one that is selfish.....

Thanks

Elle

Comments

• Options
    What's selfish about wanting someone to love? A child of your own to raise? Someone to be with you when you get older? Watching your children grow up and then having kids of their own?

At least you're coming to the decision to quit waiting for Mr Right to come along early in your life... I'm 46 years old now and wish I had made this decision DECADES earlier... listening to how children "should" be conceived kept me waiting until it was almost too late... don't do that to yourself.

We DO know what you'll go though although we won't know how you feel... we've all been there who are here. Help you all we can.

Your welcome,
    Alexis
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. Its so great to have someone who has been in my shoe's.

I dont think ive ever been so scared about making a decision in my life!

I just wanna give my child the best life possible and sometimes i just feel like im cheating them out of a father, i know it sounds silly, especially when i have two brothers that im very close to that would play a role in my childs life.

Thank you for your honesty. Im so looking forward to being a mother.

I wish you the every best of luck.
  • Options
    Wow, I am surprised that you have come to this decision at 25. Wish I had. I perfectly understand Ualttigger is saying. I am 38 and will be 39 in April, If I knew then what I know now I would not have waited either. Only you know what is right for you. I did have those concerns initially. But then I have met a few people who never knew their fathers (either one night stands or because of death). Most of those (except a few who lost their dad thru death) had never even seen their fathers. For some there is a never ending curiosity, but for most that I know they were brought up by loving mothers and never gave the lack of a dad a second thought. I hopefully will be doing an iui in either January of February (still have an HSG to do, Pap, and Letter from Primary care saying ok to get pregnant (because I am diabetic). Will get everything next week except HSG. You know with the HSG, it has to be day 6-10 of cycle. So hopefully that will be the week of Christmas. Anyway, I wish both of you luck and hope to see you on the message board from now until we are moms and beyond! Good luck to each of you on this exciting journey.