Options

Need advice...I'm confused

I am 14dpiui today. I have had a lot of pregnancy symptoms, but no BFP and also no sign of AF. I have had increased CM the last two days. I have had cramping since IUI and a backache since 3dpiui. All my doctor told me is that I should not have a period before 14 days and to call them if I did or didn't. Actually, that was the nurse that told me that who has worked with the doctor for years. i have taken like 15 tests so far...yes, seriously....and no blazing BFP at all. I guess I am uneducated here. I am wondering if I might have a longer than normal luteal phase or what.

Another thing, my lab said that they do not usually do a post-thaw count unless they are washing the sperm. They said that the sperm bank thaws a sample to use as an estimate for vials sold. I am not sure this is correct. Our donor was 60 million, 52% motility, and 3.0 total motile. I have not had ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc. I just did my opk went in and got my IUI and that has been it. So confused...the other dr. I went to do ultrasound, bloodwork, etc., but that is when it did not appear I was ovulating. Do doctors always do all the realy complicated stuff? I don't have fertility issues that I know of but my husband is disabled so we have to do IUI.

Sorry for the rambling, but I need some insight from those more experienced on this.

Comments

• Options
    Natalie...I'm sorry, but I just came across this post...have you got a BFP yet? You could very well have a long LP, which will take longer to get a BFP. Did you track your periods before TTC?

As for the lab...I'm sure every lab is different, but ours did a post thaw count too...ours was 27.9 million with 72% motility. With those numbers we did get pregnant on our first IUI. I did not have any blood work or U/S for monitoring though...we just got our LH surge at noon and did an IUI the next day at 9am.

I hope this helps and that you've gotten your BFP by now!

KUP