Options

How do you limit the number of families and children?

The donor I am using (still in storage) has just sold out of his third round of vials and I was wondering how you limit the amount of children born per donor? I and a few other women I have spoken to still have his vials in storage...how do you know he won't produce a vast amount of children being that vials keep becoming available?

He is expected to be releasing more vials soon...it just seems like a lot for one donor to donate!

Please explain!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Which donor are you using? I'm curious about the same thing, and also what the protocol is when the vials sell out but there are supposed to be more coming.
  • Options
    I am using donor # 12922...what about you??
  • Options
    We had narrowed it down to 13223 and 13095, then both sold out. We dont' have anything in storage since we were just choosing when the top contenders sold out.
  • Options
    I believe the general rule is selling to 25-30 families world wide. So once they sell to 30 families they are supposed to retire the donor...was my understanding. We are at 21 families and 31 kids for our retired donor (that we have found)
  • Options
    Hi Talia -

Our maximum goal is 25-30 families worldwide per donor. We limit the number of vials we collect in order to control this number.

We also do our best to monitor pregnancies (which includes factoring in stored vials)and will stop selling to new clients should a donor's reported pregnancies reach a certain point. On average, it ends up being closer to about 12-15 families per donor.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB