Options

32y.o. and freaking out!

I am wondering if anyone out there has gotten pregnant with counts like mine? I am 32y.o FSH 9.11; AMH 0.27;and only 6 antral follicles! Needless to say last week was extremely emotional. Does it mean I'm going into menopause early? They basically told me to get moving and that I have low ovarian reserves. I think I am going to ttc for the 1st time in September using donor sperm and stimulation meds. I am an oncology nurse and extremely petrified of the hormones. The MD offered one beginning with a "L" I forget the name right now. It has less side effects. She said she would only try 3 cycles with me then move to IVF. Is anyone out there in my predicament?

Comments

• Options
    I can't comment on your numbers as my RE never tested my ovarian reserve. He said it wasn't necessary based on my age (32). The medication you are likely talking about is Femara (letrozole). It works like clomid but doesn't have the side effect of thinning the uterine lining. Good luck. You will found a lot of useful information here and some very informed and helpful women here.
  • Options
    Thanks! Are you TTC?
  • Options
    Hi SV queen,

its sweety. don't freak out hopefully you will get pregnant within those three times. what is antral follicles? I'm just getting started.
  • Options
    I took Femara. No side effects. I don't ovulate without it, and it def got things going. I had no issues taking it.
  • Options
    Astral follicles nurture your eggs and hopefully you get a good quality egg. The more mature astral follicles you have the better. They did an ultrasound and apparently I should have 15-20 but only had 3 in each ovary. Good luck Sweeny on your journey. @Austingurl is the Femara a pill or injection?
  • Options
    Femara is a pill. Sorry it took so long to respond. I have been having computer issues.
  • Options
    The drug your RE was referring to could be Letrozole, which is what I took instead of Clomid. It worked for me. Got pregnant on my second IUI.

Don't freak. Just look at the evidence and decide what to do based upon that. That's all you can do. I was an emotional wreck before I decided to try having a baby on my own. I thought that I would never be a mother because I could not find Mr. Right. When I decided I was going to try on my own -- forget the man -- a new calm came over me. I was taking control of my own life. I hope the same for you!

Baby dust!
    Amy, 42
    IUI #2 BFP! Due March 2014
  • Options
    Thx I do feel a sense of control because I'm taking control of my life. I have to meet the social worker tomorrow and I'm waiting for my fragile X lab. Baby2014 I'm so happy for you congrats. I hope I have the same luck.
  • Options
    Baby in 2014 what dose of Letrozole did your RE put you on?
  • Options
    SV Queen,

I just had my first ultrasound today and I have 4 AFC and AMH of 0.73. I have 2 follicles on each side and I'm freaking out. What happened with you, did you have your IUI done already?
  • Options
    No today is my Cycle day 9 they say to start taking the ovulation tests on Day 11 but I think I will start taking it tomorrow. Don't freak out. I cried in the office when I got my results, but after talking with my mom and praying, meditating etc.. I feel a little better because I have a plan in motion. My AMH was 0.27 so she is calling this month a see what your body does month. I am staying positive and realistic at the same time. Sweety-Are you going to take stimulation meds?
  • Options
    Svqueen,

Yes, today is cd4 and I'm on clomid and menopur injections. I go back this Friday for ultrasound and GOd willing am iui next mon or tues. how many iui dud you have and did your follicles go up after the meds? I'm just looking for hope
  • Options
    This will be my first IUI so I don't have the info yet. Just waiting for my ovulation test to e positive.
  • Options
    Ok good luck. Much baby dust to you svqueen!
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks I am getting nervous because today is my CD 16 and I still have not ovulated. Has this happened to anyone?