Options

Donor 13506

Hello,
I wanted to se eif anyone on the boards has had any luck with 13506? Me and my partner are considering him for our next try in Feb.
Thank you, Sarah

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to be negative or 'bad mouth' a donor. However, my RE does not like his numbers or how he thaws after washing the ICI vial for an IUI. I have had two IUI cycles with this donor, and his numbers were lower the second time. The numbers are not low enough to fall below CCB's guarantee, but my RE has said she expects much better numbers from a donor. Her words were, "I do this all day, so I know that donors can have much better quality."

I am bummed b/c he was my favorite profile. I purchased three vials and now I need to decide whether or not to try again with 13506.

My new advice for newbies is to purchase one or two vials max to discover whether or not the quality is high. CCB will not disclose which donors have more motility and higher numbers.
  • Options
    Hi DreamN,
    I have to agree with you actually. This donor was my first choice originally but was sold out before we could buy him. Then we tried with another donor for our first try and it didn't work. So our second try we used donor 13506 since he had more vials available and my RE said the same thing as yours, he wasn't impressed at all with the numbers and suggested we don't use him again. So we have since moved on and will try again for IUI #3 in April. I was really bummed because we really liked 13506 but we won't be using him again.
    Sarah
  • Options
    I'm going through IVF and my embryology was actually pleased with 13506. I purchased two ICI vials and only one was needed for the first round. She told me there were 7 million with 91% motility for him.
  • Options
    Hello theClaw76,
    The numbers for your vial sound a lot better than mine. I also bought ICI and my RE washed it for IUI. Maybe his IUI vials have better numbers. But yousaid you bought ICI also. I will send some positive vibes your way for you. hoping you have better luck :) baby dust!!
  • Options
    We bought by two vials and will give him the first month chance. This will also let us see his numbers. Hopefully it will work the first month and we wont need to look elsewhere.
  • Options
    We did use the two vials and the numbers were 4.6 and 6.5 each. My partner did get pregnant though unfortunately had an early miscarriage. Since this donor is sold out anyway, we are trying a new donor next time.
  • Options
    Anyone have vials left for donor 13506?