Options

clomid...what should I know?

Hi All...
It looks like my 3rd IUI is a bust. :( Anyway, my first 3 IUI's were natural cycles (no meds). My doctor wants me to try clomid for my 4th IUI. (Will I ever get pregnant)? What can I expect with clomid? Is it expensive... is there a place I can get it for cheaper? Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ryanhl,

I'm sorry to hear that your 3 time didn't work. Have you used the same donor for all three IUI's? My friend used clomid and didn't seem to have any complaints. As a matter fact after she tried clomid and switched donors, she got pregnant.

Don't give up...stay positive and know that I'm sending some good thoughts your way too.

Keep hope alive!
  • Options
    Ryanhl,

Sorry this time didn't work for you. I did 5 clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycles. I never had any side effects from the medication. You will hear some people complain about hot flashes and a general feeling of irritability, but I have known of many people that didn't experience any of that. I always took it at night before bed, so that might have helped.

I was told that Walmart had it cheapest, so I always went there. My insurance didn't cover it, but it was only ~$18 for the month. (I was on 100mg for 5 days - they'd give me 10 50mg pills)

Good luck! Hope this is your lucky charm!!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the support. :)

I switched donors for the 3rd IUI. I'll definately give Walmart a try. Thanks for all the happy thoughts!!
  • Options
    Hi Ryanhl
    Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I myself have just had my 3rd IUI and it did not work. I think it is all about timing which I have not got right yet. I have been on clomid for the past 4 months and seem to be doing fine. My DR. started out with clomid I did no natural cycles. The only side affect I get is hot flashes at night mostly, but over all not so bad. Good Luck to you!!! Hope that the 4th time does it for us both.
  • Options
    I heard that I will also need to take progesterine suppositories & ovidril (the trigger shot). How does that work?

cholland59411,
    I haven't started my cycle over yet... but I think it's coming soon. When are you going to do your 4th IUI? Did you have moodiness with clomid? My mom already put in her two cents... that I'm moody enough as is. HA :)
  • Options
    Hey ryanhl
    Looks like my 4th IUI will be around the 20th of Feb. I thinkg that I have been moody almost through this whole process. I don't think it has anything to do with the clomid just the emotional roller coaster. I have never used the Progesterine suppositiories my DR has never mentioned it.