Options

father's name on birth certificate?

how are the rest of you handling the question of father's name on birth certificates? what do you suggest?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    I put my spouse's name (same sex relationship), thats how it pretty much has to be done in AZ to have her listed as one of the parents without going through the whole adoption thing.
  • Options
    Hello, I also live in Az. We are a same sex couple and currently 11 weeks pregnant. We also heard that spouse name should be on the birth certificate and all paperwork from the hospital, but we were also told that my spouse still needs to adopt the baby, any thoughts??
  • Options
    Max01-Congrats on your pregnancy! We ran into a snag at the hospital where I delivered when the lady who came in and took my information for the birth certificate refused to put my partner down as the father even though I told her we were legally married and had multiple same sex relationship friends who had done so. We ended up having to go down to the office of vital records to have it amended. The lady at that office told us the hospital worker should have listed my spouse as the father and at this point having her on the birth certificate listed as father is basically the same as the second parent adoption as far as benefits but I don't know if that's truly the case. We have multiple friends who are in the same position as us in AZ and all have just listed on the birth certificate and have not gone through the adoption. I don't know if its the same if you are not married however. You may want to consult a lawyer and see what advice they give you. Good luck!