Options

Ethnic Org?

Hello
I tried IUI’s with a donor three times and was out of ‘stuff’ and was going to order more. I a few men that I knew offered to ‘donate’ and ended up on the fourth try of IUI I used someone from my church. I got pregnant and even tried a relationship with him. I love my son but it did not work out with him and now I have some ties with him.
All I prayed for was one healthy child and God gave it to me. So now… my baby boy Izaha is now a year and I would love for him to have a sibling. I never thought that I would.. But being that I am 42 years old I do not expect to be in his life for ever, having a sibling and ‘family’ may be important to him. I never thought of that until after he was born and I started seeing him light up playing with other children and realized the full impact for 'him' on my age.
My question is on race. I am white and Izaha is mixed with black. He is very light skin and his hair is tan with slight waves in it. A lot of people do not realize that he is mixed they just think he is tanned. Now on the other hand I look pasty white. Before when I picked on the donor it was 2457 that is Asian. I have now started looking again and I have a head ache and feel over whelmed. My first response was to have an AA donor. Thinking that it would be best for Izaha to look like his sibling but being that he is so light skinned that may be hard as the amount of open AA donors is so limited.
I fell in love with 2457 and was prepared to have him be my baby’s daddy ….should I try him again?? Or would that create more negative confusion for the children??

Comments

• Options
    Well, unless you want your kids to represent the United Nations you should stick with one race. Choose an AA and make it easy.
  • Options
    It is hard to choose a donor and if you really love one, go for it!! I would recommend though that a biracial donor would be the answer to your problem, half-white and half-black. I was using donor 11185 who is biracial until he ran out of vials. I still have one left but switched to another donor. There are still a few other mixed donors to choose from. Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • Options
    I would go with a bi-racial donor since you already have Izaha and he is... would cut down on the questions that way... as long as one of his races is AA.

I selected my donor based on not only his profile but also my current family's little children, who my children will be with. They're all boys: two are African, Hispanic and Native American and one is African, Caucasian and Native American... and he has blue eyes. My children will be African, Caucasian and Native American... they will fit in just fine.